New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Johnstown
Seward, Pennsylvania
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed here the night of our wedding day. We checked in at about 11pm. Staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed in a king-sized bedroom. Updated room with comfortable bed. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cmalloy250, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Jessica,
Congratulations!! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your wedding night!! I hope you will return again soon!!

.... Oh and if you ever need to plan a BABY Shower, be sure to let us know!! :)
Take Care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here for business on Feb. 2, 2012. Staff was courteous and helpful. There was ongoing construction which I was well aware and this wasn't an issue. My room was very nice, spacious and very clean. However, my room was located right next to the elevator so there was noise from this all night long. Also, the walls must be thin because you could hear practically everything people in the next room were saying and they weren't particularly loud. Those are my only complaints. Aside from this, it is a very nice hotel and I will definitely stay here again ... but not next to the elevator!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cmalloy250, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our facility! I am happy to report that the final stage of the renovation, the outside of the building, is nearly complete! We should be reaching completion any day now! I hope that you will return sometime soon to see us! We will make sure that you get a room away from the elevator!! :) Take care.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We're traveling at the moment and really hadn't wanted to spend New Year's Eve in Johnstown but are actually glad it worked out that way. We planned our trip through town ahead of time and signed up for the New Year's dinner with tickets to see a band too. When we arrived at the hotel the entrance was covered by a beautifully lit glass covered portico and surrounded by natural stone walls.(architecture fan!) The inside looked brand new with more modern styling... plenty of marble and contemporary seating. The staff was efficient and friendly during check-in. We had a room with a view of an old church, our room smelled fresh and I bet the room was recently renovated. I guess the entire property must have undergone the treatment!? Later on we sat for dinner and were extremely impressed by the quality of the food and service. Our server was polished, friendly and attentive but not intrusive...just right. We like to eat out and we felt that we couldn't have done much better in Philadelphia. Surf and turf for me and a huge, perfectly prepared new york steak for my wife. The impressive wine list covered all price ranges and regions but for tonight we splurged on a perfectly cellared napa cabernet. Followed by a chocolate cake that was to be split for two we were ready to boogie down now. The hotel ball room was the place to be for fans of eighties music. The cover band played a lot of my favorites and the place was rocking. The entire evening went really, really well. I wanted to make sure to write a review for this hotel because they exceeded my expectations. Thanks very much! I will recommend your hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank treasuremap
cmalloy250, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Happy New Year! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay! I am so excited to hear your feedback on our New Year's Eve Celebration! We love to be a winter destination spot, especially when we can throw a party! The Holiday Inn Downtown is in the final stages of a complete renovation. In addition to the new look of the facility our property is now under new leadership too! At the end of 2011, The Holiday Inn Downtown welcomed its new General Manager, Clay Smith! So now, not only will guests see a new look, but they can expect a newly trained staff and an overall new and better experience!! I am so glad you and your wife were able to share in our celebration. I hope that next time you pass through Johnstown you will stop by to see us. Harrigan's Cafe & Wine Deck always has great specials and a wine selection that will warm your heart! I hope you and your family have a happy and prosperous 2012! I hope to see you again soon!
Johnstown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

I have used the Johnstown Holiday Inn for business for many years. On November 19th,2011
I had the opportunity to use the facility once again. Even though I needed many less rooms, the service I received remained stellar. The renovations on the hotel in the last year were beautiful. Our rooms were spotless and more than comfortable. Their
sales staff is second to none, led by their sales manager, Cassie Mallory. Whether your group is large or small, you get the same great level of service. Having traveled the country, I must say this Holiday Inn is a jewel within the InterContinental Hotels.

2 Thank Debbie M
cmalloy250, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Hi Debbie!
Thanks so much for the kind words!! I am so glad to hear that you had another great stay with us! It was a pleasure having you and your group with us again this year. I hope that you will return soon. Take care & stay in touch!!
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

In its category, this place is top-notch in comparison to similar hotels in the area and in comparison to Holiday Inns in other locales. The bed was very comfortable. The decor was tasteful. The staff and management were helpful (I inadvertantly booked for the wrong night, and I was not charged for it.). This hotel is centrally located and minutes away from multiple sites. I will definitely stay here again. Oh--one more thing: the room was exceptionally clean.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie-Meredith
Hi Julie! Thanks so much for taking time to share your thoughts on our property. I am thrilled to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay, your room, the staff and management! We have been working extra hard on giving our property an at-home kind of feel. I am glad that those efforts are not going unnoticed! I hope that you will visit us again soon!
Happy Holidays!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is an IHG gem in a small city in Pennsylvania. My one night stay was all I could ask for in a hotel. My Priority Club Gold status probably got me an upgraded, recently renovated room on a slow Monday night, but everything else about this place was 1st rate. Well appointed lobby, courteous staff, $3.00 indoor parking, 120 channel crisp cable TV (30 HD) on a big flat screen and a most impressive restaurant with very attentive staff.
Without a doubt this is the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at! And it makes me wonder just what the IHG Group is trying to do with the Crowne Plaza (upscale?), Holiday Inn (moderate?) and the Holiday Inn Express (downsized convenience?) brands - very confusing in some cases as I stay in all 3 on an as-needed basis.
In any case, your Western PA trip will be much better off if you stay at this place!

Room Tip: Priority Club Gold!
1 Thank Jerry F
Jerry,
I am so happy to hear that you were thoroughly satisfied with your stay with us! First and foremost, thank you for being a Priority Club Member!! We appreciate our members very much and I am happy to hear that you received your upgraded room - you certainly deserve it! As you probably could tell, our property has just undergone an incredible transformation / renovation. We are incredibly fortunate to have a brand new property and even more lucky to have customers like yourself who enjoy it as much as we do! I hope next time you are in our area you will stop by to say hello! Take care!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

this hotel was due for a reno and got it. What a change from the old to the new - and i loved it. it's perfect. well, not the odd center table in the lobby or the incredibly bright lights in the lobby (too many and not dimable), but the rooms are a great treat. we'll be back, 4 more.

1 Thank jacksondc
Thanks so much for taking a few moments of your time to share your thoughts on the Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown! We were certainly due for a renovation and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the drastic change! We are certainly fortunate to have such a beautiful hotel to share with our valued guests. We are definately looking forward to your return to Johnstown! Hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
8.0 km away
28.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
36.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Somerset

Been to Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown? Share your experiences!