“When you are craving German food...”
Review of Stony Run Inn

Stony Run Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Kempton
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Austrian, Barbecue, German, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Red Rd.
Description: At Stony Run Inn, we specialize in Authentic German/Austrian dishes. We have Steaks for those meat lovers, along with Spinach Spaetzle for vegetarians. We have a Great atmosphere for a Great dining experience. We are located in a historic building that was built in 1857. Enjoy our German Restaurant today!
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

When I’m back home in Pennsylvania this is my favorite place to eat some German food. It’s situated in a quiet area off the highway . It’s designed more like a table in a farm house. Love it! I have tried multiple dishes which are all delish but lean the most towards veal wiener schnitzel with red kraut and spaetzle. New yuengling golden Pilsner was also a huge hit for the locals.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

We arrived around 4:45 on a Sunday and the restaurant was very, very busy. Despite this, the wiener schnitzel dinner (veal) was tasty just like it has been for the past 15 years we have been going there. A
few years ago we went back to Berlin where we were married and I ate Schnitzel several times and I must say the Stony Run was better.

It reminds me of Southern Germany where I was stationed near the Black Forest and they had the best
German restaurants.

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

I was so looking forward to the German and Austrian fare, that we braved a snowstorm to get there. I was underwhelmed. The bar is cozy and had a Cheers feel to it. The dining room(s) lack warmth. My husband and daughter had the weinerschnitzel, which was great. But, my son in law and I had the veal and it was not so great. Also, the waiter, who tried hard to emulate a fine dining waiter, was pretty annoying. I would try this place again, maybe. But, due to it’s out of the way location, probably not too soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is located within a historical type building in the PA countryside. The food was delicious and the service was welcoming and outstanding. The room is quaint and relaxing. I highly recommend this restaurant for a great meal.

Reviewed January 25, 2018

Their quaint little restaurant is located in the rural countryside. Great destination restaurant with a wonderful German menu. The food was excellent and we are looking forward to returning. Can’t wait to try the apple strudel!