“Ok Property - Accounting Problems!”

Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in King of Prussia
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here one night on business. It's a strange place - with a new casino attached. I've never had to PAY to get in a casino, which is required, unless you are a guest of the hotel or make a purchase in a restaurant.

There was a balcony, though the door was locked, and the view was really nasty of the roof. My room was fairly clean, but my tv remote did not work at all. I would agree a renovation would be in order.

We ate lunch in the Nosh Cafe and our bill was $67. We left $40 in cash and split the rest on two credit cards. I was charged the ENTIRE $67, plus an additional $11, and my colleague was also charged $20, even though I only signed for an authorized a $20 charge. $80 later.... The waitress had NO IDEA how to split a check on credit cards. (not to mention we waited 25 minutes for a sanwhich) After much time wasted with my credit union, I was reimbursed, but not very happy about this. Repeated calls to the accounting department were not returned.

1  Thank MagsBurno
Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a large shopping trip and stayed at this hotel. The staff was very efficient, friendly and helpful. Our rooms were very nice, except our heat wasn't working ( ended up being batteries dead in unit). Because of our large group, they gave us all complimentary breakfast, which was excellent (fresh made-to-order omelets, waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal,etc). We aslo received $15 to use at casino which was connected to hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LillieVA
Reviewed 21 April 2012

"Renovated" to this hotel means new linens and beds, and some new faucets. This is by no means a "brand new, just opened in 2012" hotel as their website indicates.

Swtiched my room FOUR times:
1) First room was NOT renovated in 2012, more like 1992. And the tub stopper didn't work, and it looked like someone had layed on the bed.
2) Second room was in the basement, with no window
3) Third room had a GIANT spider in the bathroom. Not one of those litte beige ones you see in the house, it was black and red and the size of a half dollar. After waiting over an hour for maintenance to come a take care of it, I gave up and requested a new room.
4) Fourth room was ok until the second night, where there was some sort of flying unidentified bug, looked like a giant ant with wings. After I shoed it off of the bedside table it was not scared to land IN MY BED!!!!!!

None of these rooms had a refridgerator and microwave, as I was promised they all would. So all of the food I brought with me spoiled. Additionally, they told me they would send one up, it just might take an hour. I must have followed up about 3 times, and was there for two days. Either they are REALLY slow to process requests, or they are liars.

To make up for the inconveniences they gave me breakfast coupons. The hostess told it didn't matter if I chose the cold or the hot buffet. So, I ordered an omlette from the hot buffet (which was surprisingly outstanding!). The waiter comes over after I give him the coupon to very loudly inform me, in front of many people, that the coupon was only good for cold items on the buffet. The hostess straightened it all out, but didn't I suffer enough at this hotel in the past 8 hours? I really didn't need the embarassment from a waiter on top of it all.

Only the bright side, the breakfast buffet at the Ramada was AMAZING, the fresh omlettes were good to perfection, and all of the other goodies were quite nice as well.

1  Thank andalyn2057
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We booked this through Priceline and were told our reservation was with the Scanticon. We have been here many times before but on arrival found that the old Scanticon is now a Casino Hotel so we checked with the Radisson and turned out our reservation was with them, very confusing. Parking lot has been changed and there are very few trees left :o((. Staff at checkin were friendly and helpful, room was fine and a good size. We ate in the hotel both nights which was ok but pretty noisy. This hotel is a good option in the King of Prussia area but not sure I like the new setup with the Casino.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have traveled to many different places in the US and outside and have not seen a hotel that is so outdated. The Radisson is charging premium rates in this location and has horrible rooms. The rooms are both dirty and old. The property also had terrible food which was both cold and tasteless. We ate breakfast at the buffet downstairs and noticed how old the food tasted. The service at the restaurant however was excellent and our waitress was very alert.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying in this hotel until it is renovated.
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I was expecting worse based on some internet ratings, and was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel met our needs, which was simply a good place to sleep. The beds and pillows were comfortable, looked like updated carpeting and clean rooms. Other than adjoining casino, there are few amenities. No whirlpool, the outdoor pool is seasonal only, and the restaurant pricey. Because the rooms all face outwards from the center of the tower, the bathrooms are very small. In our case, there was always the sound of running water in that area. Our view from the second floor was of the first floor roof and adjoining casino walls - we had no scenery! The TV remote was selective, which was annoying to have to get up and manually adjust value and channels. The staff person who checked us in was very cordial and efficient, however her co-worker appeared annoyed and slow with another customer, then make disparaging remark about him when he left.

Room Tip: Above second fllor if you want a view. Multiple elevators responded quickly.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I used to pass this hotel on my way to college every day. Always wondered what it would be like to stay there. It was very nice. The staff was very helpful and the room was very nice. They were in the midst of the prep for the Grand Opening of their new casino, so it might have been easy to overlook regular guests. The beds were great. The bathroom was small. I wish it had a microwave and a fridge. My wife had a sleep number bed. The waste baskets were very small. The WIFI was excellent. The onsite restaurant was quite pricey. Overall we really enjoyed our stay there. It was quite exciting to visit the King of Prussia mall. The hotel has a shuttle to visit the mall. I hadn't been there since the 80's. It is worth a visit there if you have never been there. Nice hotel and nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family