“Events and music with small groups are great!”
Review of Folino Estate

Folino Estate
Reserve with OpenTable
Folino Estate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 60 Restaurants in Kutztown
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times, nice local restaurant with good food! Nothing to necessarily rave about but nothing to talk bad about either! Service is ok. Sometimes it’s on point sometimes it’s not. Does get loud when really full but I think that is expected at any full restaurant. Special events and music are always a good time to relax and enjoy a glass of wine with a small group!

Andrea F, Director of Sales at Folino Estate, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Good Morning Danelle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and for being a return customer. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely share it with our kitchen and restaurant teams.

We hope to see you again soon.

Cheers!

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Over all the appearances are amazing!!

Didn’t do the wine tasting as I was inform by another customer it was not worth it!!

Order drinks and bread was served. We went to order and the special I wanted was out ?? Server and host never mention to us! Was disappointed!! I was looking forward to a special they had on the menu

Atmosphere is loud and not very Romantic which was disappointing for a date night!!

Over all what we did order was very good but not a 5 star restaurant

Hey Jay,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize that you weren't able to enjoy the special you wanted. I will make sure to share your comments with our restaurant team to ensure they communicate this information sooner.

We do hope to see you again soon and that you will do a wine tasting... we pride ourselves on offering a top quality and personal wine tasting experience.

Have a great week!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Heard a lot about this place so wanted to try it. I think it was about 20 dollars a person to do the wine tasting at the bar. I thought, well, surely we will get plenty of wine for that amount of money. We did not. We got six tiny tastings. Then as we were leaving, the bartender (who was a lovely young lady) gave us each a packaged wine glass--the new kind--no stem. So, I guess that is how they get away with charging that much for wine tasting. We then went into the restaurant and had dinner. I had a mushroom dish that was one of the most delicious, unusual meals I have ever tasted. I'm going back for that meal--the wine was okay.

Andrea F, Director of Sales at Folino Estate, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Hi Janet,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your dinner. I will make sure to share your feedback with our kitchen team.

Our wine tastings are $10 a person and include personal attention and education on each of 6 wines you taste and a stemless wine glass to take home. We are sorry to learn that you didn't enjoy this experience as much as your dinner.

We do hope to see you again soon and hope that you have a great day!

Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

I would say this place is overhyped but honestly friends and acquaintances that have been here are not overly thrilled with Folino either. Service was absolutely horrible. After our table had drinks, except me, I had to remind the server 3 times that i was missing mine. Food is more like an over priced pizza/Italian place. It is a shame that such a beautiful place with so much potential is not even mediocre. Would not return even if it was free.

Andrea F, Director of Sales at Folino Estate, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Hello, we are sorry to hear you were disappointed during your recent visit. Can you please send us a message at info@folinoestate.com, so we can speak more about your experience. Thanks!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We stopped in for the first time on our way back from a hike at Hawk Mountain. We arrived at the end of a festival to music playing, people dancing and drinking wine outdoors with STEMMED WINE glasses.Fun! We went inside and ordered wine for me at tasting area and a beer for my husband at the bar. The woman working the tasting counter poured my 8.50 glass of wine in a cheap plastic cup. I requested a wine glass as it would enhance my experience. She came back and said that she was afraid that I would break the glass outside. I told her that we has just come from the patio where mostly everyone was drinking from stemmed glassware and that I would be equally as careful with my glass. She said no. ReallY? Isn't that the price of doing business as a winery??? A cheap glass will sometimes break and you can replace it. A disrespected and unhappy customer is much more difficult to reinstate.Poor customer service in my view. Overall the "estate" sits on a lovely piece of property and it would be a lovely place to have a drink at sunset if you were to enjoy it from a proper drinking vessel. I did not eat anything so I cannot comment on the restaurant. I will tell you however that not one server asked us whether we needed anything else to drink or if we wanted anything to eat. Had we been asked ,we probably would have ordered something. I was ready to leave and go home and cook ..we were so hungry!Ironically, we chose this winery over Pinnacle Ridge ..hmmm..next time.

1  Thank highbar

Been to Folino Estate? Share your experiences!