All reviewsbabbling brookdelaware riverbrookside cabinscreened in porchperfect hostsdeerprivacywoodsproperty
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our own lodge, with a fireplace and hot tub, access to the delaware river with kayaks and canoes, a family of deer protecting our property, birds songs all day and complete privacy. What more could you want? This is a well cared for Lodging and we hope to go back.

Room Tip: Every home is different so click on all of them to see what you like.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pearl M
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is my fourth visit to Sylvania, and I hope to return every year. Everything about the place is just right - the scenery, the peace and solitude, the accomodations, and the hosts. I don't know if it's the mountain air, the Mast Hope Brook shushing by, or the fact that I spent most of my days hiking, but I got some of the best sleep I've ever had in Brookside. There's plenty to do on and off the property -- this trip, I hiked the trails at Shohola and Raymondskill Falls, and both places were incredible. I'm already daydreaming about coming back next year.

Room Tip: Brookside is all about light and sun. For a shadier, more "cabinlike" spot, try Promiseland.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank flyingbeta
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I don't even know where to begin! My husband and I spent a week at Promiseland Cabin and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment. The cabin was immaculate - spotlessly clean and tidy. We were there in the spring so the mornings were cool and we really enjoyed the fireplace. The hot tub was so relaxing! It has a little waterfall with backlighting that changes color - beautiful at night! We enjoyed the trail thay takes you through the woods, over the railroad tracks, and down the the river. Beautiful scenery. Wish we could have explored more of the property. Maybe next time (I hope we'll be able to return). Their was only one thing I would change if I could: the mattress. There wasn't anything wrong with it per se, it's just that it must be the firmest mattress ever sold! Even my husband, who prefers a firm mattress, said it was too hard. But that's just our preference, I'm sure others probably like it. Aside from that, we were very impressed with every aspect of our experience there. Jane and John really thought of everything to make their guestscomfortable and relaxed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kmsnectar
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Any time you discover a gem of a place to get away for a few days or even longer, you almost feel like Columbus on his journey (well, that may be a bit of exaggeration but the feeling is comparable). When my husband found Sylvania Tree Farm in the North-Western part of Poconos, offering a few secluded cabins on a huge private property, with nice hiking trails (or cross-country skiing when there is snow), we knew it would be something we would really enjoy. Reading reviews of other people who stayed there (and returned back again and again) made us even more excited about our 4 nights visit at the Brookside cabin in December of 2011. Needless to say, we weren’t disappointed. The cabin is perfect – located by the creek and surrounded by woods, very spacious, with lots of windows and light, spotless and equipped with anything you need. It has a jacuzzi to relax your tired muscles after hiking, a two-sided fireplace to create cozy and romantic atmosphere, a kitchen to put together a meal that you could enjoy in front of a window, watching rushing water of a creek a few feet away… The hiking trails are interesting, well-marked and well maintained, and give you a very good workout and lots of chances to take pictures. We know for sure that we would like to return here again, probably in different season and repeat the fun that we had this time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slon1
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Firstly, I must say that the photos on the website do not do this jewel any justice. My husband and I stayed at the Brookside property and WOW!! The McKay's (owners) were wonderful. They do not pry, are not pushy and really make your stay as comfortable as possible. The views were simply amazing and the brook was a wonderful touch to a perfect setting. The place was Squeeky clean. They provided ample fire wood. We visited a restaurant in a nearby town by the name City Grill and boy were we disappointed. But anyhow, my husband and I really enjoyed our stay and plan on returning with our daughters and staying at one of the 2 bedroom properties.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple