“We LOVE LOVE LOVE Sylvania Tree Farm”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lackawaxen
Sylvania Country Lodging
Reviewed 9 September 2015

I did not review Sylvania Tree Farm before because I was afraid to ruin a great thing. We have been coming here on Columbus Day Weekend for the past 7 years with our 2 children now 16 and 12. If there were 10 stars in the rating I would give it a 10! We love the seclusion and peacefulness of the area. We stay in the Hermitage which is always immaculate and well stocked. And every year we return there is ALWAYS something new that they have done to improve it. New furniture, bathroom, outside chairs or bed linens etc. Jane and her family do everything they can to make your stay the best it can be. We love sitting around the campfire, relaxing in the hot tub, fishing in the pond, river or nearby Kobe Pond, visiting Jane's horses or hiking the well maintained trails. I hope to continue our yearly stay at Sylvania Tree Farm for many years to come. See you soon Jane

Room Tip: Hermitage has 2 bedrooms
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank susan m

Reviewed 3 September 2015

My friends and I (20s/30s) have been camping at Sylvania Tree Farm for the last 5 years (...and counting) and is by far a highlight of every summer. I can not say enough great things about Jane...her family...the sites...and everything they do to make your experience the best possible.

The sites are secluded (unlike state camp grounds - where you dock on a patch of gravel and sleep in tents 10 feet away from the next site), expertly maintained and set up (picnic tables, fire pit), with beautiful views of the creek and lake with hiking trails steps away.

The bathroom facility is perfect and the addition of the on site port-o was a very welcomed "luxury" this past summer.

I seriously could go on and on...but my advice...come...you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the lifetime of memories!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine T
Reviewed 23 August 2015

I am NOT a camper. I love nature, but I'm more of a rustic lodge type of person. But this place turned me into a camping convert! Everything about these private grounds in the Poconos is both gorgeous and clean. The camp sites are very large and very private. You could probably fit 4 family-sized tents on one site. At each site there is a firepit and firewood, a picnic table and an area to hang a hammock if you have one. Both neighboring sites were occupied when we were there but we hardly felt, saw, heard them at all. The bathhouse is SPOTLESS with flush toilets, potable water, and coin-operated hot water showers.

The best part is that you are right on the river. My kids (3 and 5 years old) had a blast wading and swimming in the water. It's just beautiful! If you're so inclined you can boat and fish as well, which we didn't do with the little ones. There are tons of hiking trails but we were just happy hanging around the campsite and swimming in the river introducing the kids (and, admittedly, me) to the joys of camping.

The owners are wonderful and will answer any questions you have, but also give you the privacy you need.

I highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank patienceTelAviv
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

We just returned home this afternoon and i didnt want to waste a single moment..jane and her family were so kind and hospitable. We lovedddd them. The lodging exceeded our expectations and the nature hikes and surroundings were breathtaking..we saw a doe with her 2 fawns and had an awesome swim in the perfectly clear water. We are still so excited and cannot wait to return!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2015

We stayed at the hermitage and it was so clean and cozy! The deer were so cute! We loved the nature, and the trails, and Jane is so nice! Can't wait to come back soon, there is so much to do and see! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2015 via mobile

Always a nice stay in the mountains. The cabins have everything you need! No roughing it there! Jane and John run a first class operation. A must for every year! Beautiful view of the Mast Hope Brook with lots of wildlife.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodsthumper
Reviewed 9 February 2015

What a great place! We tr to get away every 3 months or so to reconnect with each other and disconnect from the stress of the day to day. My husband found this lovely place when he did a random google search. I was beyond skeptical, to be honest, but I really just wanted to get away. Besides, the cabin he got us has a hot tub! We arrived on Friday afternoon and met Jane, one of the incredible owners. She showed us to the cabin, gave us a tour, gave us directions to the nearest convenience store, and a quick overview of the hot tub. The deer are EVERYwhere!!! They were just inches away when we were unloading the car and getting settled. We have seen deer before. We are not city dwellers and have deer all over at home, but there was something magical about them in this place and so close. On Saturday we took a nice long walk through the woods (in some really deep snow!) We laughed and talked and appreciated the devastatingly beautiful surroundings. Then we soaked in that hot tub for EVER!!!! We had a fire in the fireplace that was so cozy, warm and romantic. It was a magical weekend and we have already reserved a campsite for Memorial Day Weekend. We arrived as 2 ships that passed in the night, and left as a couple as deeply in love as ever. This is a special place!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beth H

Been to Sylvania Country Lodging? Share your experiences!