All reviewsbabbling brookdelaware riverbrookside cabinscreened in porchperfect hostsdeerprivacywoodsproperty
Reviewed September 3, 2015

My friends and I (20s/30s) have been camping at Sylvania Tree Farm for the last 5 years (...and counting) and is by far a highlight of every summer. I can not say enough great things about Jane...her family...the sites...and everything they do to make your experience the best possible.

The sites are secluded (unlike state camp grounds - where you dock on a patch of gravel and sleep in tents 10 feet away from the next site), expertly maintained and set up (picnic tables, fire pit), with beautiful views of the creek and lake with hiking trails steps away.

The bathroom facility is perfect and the addition of the on site port-o was a very welcomed "luxury" this past summer.

I seriously could go on and on...but my advice...come...you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the lifetime of memories!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine T
Reviewed August 23, 2015

I am NOT a camper. I love nature, but I'm more of a rustic lodge type of person. But this place turned me into a camping convert! Everything about these private grounds in the Poconos is both gorgeous and clean. The camp sites are very large and very private. You could probably fit 4 family-sized tents on one site. At each site there is a firepit and firewood, a picnic table and an area to hang a hammock if you have one. Both neighboring sites were occupied when we were there but we hardly felt, saw, heard them at all. The bathhouse is SPOTLESS with flush toilets, potable water, and coin-operated hot water showers.

The best part is that you are right on the river. My kids (3 and 5 years old) had a blast wading and swimming in the water. It's just beautiful! If you're so inclined you can boat and fish as well, which we didn't do with the little ones. There are tons of hiking trails but we were just happy hanging around the campsite and swimming in the river introducing the kids (and, admittedly, me) to the joys of camping.

The owners are wonderful and will answer any questions you have, but also give you the privacy you need.

I highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank patienceTelAviv
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

We just returned home this afternoon and i didnt want to waste a single moment..jane and her family were so kind and hospitable. We lovedddd them. The lodging exceeded our expectations and the nature hikes and surroundings were breathtaking..we saw a doe with her 2 fawns and had an awesome swim in the perfectly clear water. We are still so excited and cannot wait to return!!!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2015

We stayed at the hermitage and it was so clean and cozy! The deer were so cute! We loved the nature, and the trails, and Jane is so nice! Can't wait to come back soon, there is so much to do and see! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

Always a nice stay in the mountains. The cabins have everything you need! No roughing it there! Jane and John run a first class operation. A must for every year! Beautiful view of the Mast Hope Brook with lots of wildlife.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple