“First time skiing”
Review of Ski Big Bear

Ski Big Bear
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in Northeast Pennsylvania, in the Northern Pocono Mountains, Ski Big Bear is celebrating over 40 years of winter fun with your family. Our mountain has something for everyone with a near equal amount of beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain for skiing and snowboarding. Snow tubing is also available on weekends and holidays. Expected opening for skiing and snowboarding is December 10th, weather permitting. Regular ski hours are in effect January 2nd - March 5th. Check out our website for early season hours.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit this ski resort after getting an Airbnb who happens to be five minutes away from resort. This is really my first time trying to ski with my teen and my 11 year old and hubby. This was my child’s first time seeing snow. We are from Orlando. The resort is perfect for beginners. My kids had fun tubing down the mountain. We were supposed to return on Sunday to actually ski however due to the rain all night, they closed the resort. I don’t blame the resort for Mother Nature weather. The restaurant had wonderful food which include fish tacos and other delicious dishes. The staff was excellent and very helpful. They have a small arcade and fast food joint. The price for skiing is reasonable. If you stay in the town of Masthrope, you are suppose to be give a discount cards. Besides going to the ski lodge, with the discount cards, we were able to go to a horse stable which is five minutes away. If you want to relax and have realIy have good quality time with the family, this is the place for you. I plan to come again for the spring.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch, chili is to die for, service was good and a great value meal. Lucas was our waiter bartender and was awesome

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Even though there's no snow at the moment, the view of the mountains is just gorgeous. I live in the area and enjoy it very much. There is a pool for owners and guests, a new mini golf area, and a tiki bar that has just been redone. It's definitely worth the trip summer or winter!

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

While staying at Woodloch Pines we decided to take a day to ski at Big Bear. The children were four and five years old so they were too young for the learn to ski package (starts at 6 yrs). The children were complimentary with purchase of an adult lift ticket and could stay at the bunny slope. For two adults, rental equipment and helmets it was approximately $300. It was our first time so I had nothing to compare it too but I thought it was a little pricey. Fun was had by all! If you're going to rent equipment go early as it is time consuming. There were cubbies for your shoes and lockers available.

There was also a snow tubing hill.

Had lunch at the lodge - cafeteria style. Burgers , pizza, fries, chili, soup etc.

Would go back again!

Management response:Responded March 3, 2017

Glad to hear you had such a fun time! Thanks for taking a minute to leave a review. We agree that skiing is not inexpensive but we do try to keep our prices as low as possible. Nothing beats having fun together as a family and skiing is a lifetime sport that you enjoy for many years with your children and eventually your grandchildren! We hope we will see you again next season!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Went with a bunch of friends - we stayed at a friends house which was convenient but the mountain itself is great- I never snowboarded before in my life and I did just fine :) it was Martin Luther king weekend so it was crowded but on the mountain it didn't matter and no body noticed !! Good time for all

Management response:Responded March 3, 2017

Congratulations on a great day of snowboarding! We really appreciate your business and are glad to hear it was a good day for you and your friends! We would love to see you again!