Message from Tripadvisor:Temporarily closed
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Awesome place to visit.

Had the best time skiing and tubing here. Staff were excellent and this small mountain packs in... read more

Reviewed April 5, 2021
Robert M
Babylon, New York
Yep it is great for families and newbies

Great little resort for families with beginners as parents can switch off and get in a quick couple... read more

Reviewed February 16, 2021
Eimhar
New York City, New York

All reviews small mountain bunny slope woodloch pines all ages beginners skiing lodge tubing resort
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2019

The ski conditions are superb, the lodge is inviting and the bar and restaurant is perfect
The management company is top notch! Their staff is professional and friendly! Private and group lessons are available. Rental shop very knowledgeable personnel. Tubing is also available and is a lot of fun

Date of experience: December 2018
LadoraP, General Manager at Ski Big Bear, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Thank you very much for the review! We are glad you have had such a good experience. Our goal is to make great memories with all of the families we serve. We hope to serve your family again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. We went on a Friday so there were not many people on the slopes at all. We got our equipment and rented gear with ease and were able to reserve lessons on-site.
We were not able to explore the rest of the slopes because we had a young kid with us but we enjoyed ourselves and would recommend it

Date of experience: January 2019
LadoraP, General Manager at Ski Big Bear, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving a review here on TripAdvisor. We strive to be a great place for families. You were wise to come on a weekday as they are almost always at a very comfortable pace. We hope to serve your family again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is a wonderful family place- a smaller mountain. If you're an experienced skier looking for thrills - this isn't it. If, however, you want to teach children (by yourself or with instructors), it's perfect! Friendly staff, and convenient eating - full restaurant with bar or cafeteria style. There is also tubing available.

Date of experience: January 2018
2  Thank blcw2018
Ladora P, General Manager at Ski Big Bear, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Wow! Thank you for the kind words and it is nice to know you are thinking of us during the summer. We miss winter too;). We really appreciate your business and the rating with your comments. We hope to see you again this winter.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Went as a family of four ( including a toddler). They have onsite equipment rental, Ski classes and accessories to buy. Ski classes were good. Did some skiing on the bunny hill. The only downside was the helmet they provided me with -it kept falling on my face, and I ended up falling back and taking a good hit to my occiput. Decided skiing is not for me, though my SO would definitely want to do it again. For kids ( the toddler species) there is a cafe and a mini arcade that will keep them busy for a few hrs. They also have emergency medical services on site. Place was full, buzzing with energy and would definitely recommend. Took off the one star only cuz of improper helmet fitting, despite pointing it out to the guy at the fitting station that it definitely didn't fit me. Must mention that there was this other very sweet lady at the fitting station who went out of her way to get us geared up and get us poles our size - it was our very first time skiing and we were next to clueless. She helped us a lot, and oh so graciously!thank you!

Date of experience: February 2018
Ladora P, Manager at Ski Big Bear, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thank you very much for the review. We work hard at being a great place for families and first timers. We apologize for your helmet fitting experience but we also appreciate you commenting on it so we can use it as a training opportunity. We hope to be able to serve you again. By the way, did you know the ski patrol ("emergency services") are all volunteers? They are a great group of people.

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit this ski resort after getting an Airbnb who happens to be five minutes away from resort. This is really my first time trying to ski with my teen and my 11 year old and hubby. This was my child’s first time seeing snow. We are from Orlando. The resort is perfect for beginners. My kids had fun tubing down the mountain. We were supposed to return on Sunday to actually ski however due to the rain all night, they closed the resort. I don’t blame the resort for Mother Nature weather. The restaurant had wonderful food which include fish tacos and other delicious dishes. The staff was excellent and very helpful. They have a small arcade and fast food joint. The price for skiing is reasonable. If you stay in the town of Masthrope, you are suppose to be give a discount cards. Besides going to the ski lodge, with the discount cards, we were able to go to a horse stable which is five minutes away. If you want to relax and have realIy have good quality time with the family, this is the place for you. I plan to come again for the spring.

Date of experience: February 2018