All reviews shuffle board beautiful facility train station fitness center would definitely stay here again wedding accommodations philly
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Disappointed by the lack of facilities for such an expansive venue. Fitness room has about 5 treadmills, far too small, and no path for walking or jogging just the admonition that you can’t walk on the golf course paths. Service was good. Food was ok. Just seems about 20 years behind the times. Despite idyllic setting, I wouldn’t recommend. Feels very old school and a bit depressing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding and were favorable impressed by the general layout and amenities of rooms, by the modern design and by the event spaces. The food was excellent at the wedding we attended including breakfast. Our room was down the hall from the main lobby and was very quiet. We found the hotel staff to be pleasant and responsive though we didn’t really have many requests. We didn’t use the exercise equipment so can’t comment on that.

Additional considerations:
1. Location: very peaceful with great views but also quite a distance from the airport, train station and center city of Philly (about 30 min to independence square by car) but it’s closer to Manayunk and only about 10 min to the PA turnpike and I-76, once you know where you’re going.
2. Area food options: Other than the bar area, there isn’t anything in walking distance. When we arrived at around 9 pm on a Friday, we had to drive 3 to 5 miles to find any places open where we could eat (pizza and subs).
3. Parking: there’s no shortage of spaces but it’s a total of about 2 flights of stairs from the lot to the hotel so drop your bags and any frail family members at the front door before you park. I’m not sure what you’d do if all members of your party have trouble with steps as there is a ramp for about half the steps but not the second half (at least without walking further around the building).
4. Event spaces were very nice but the main ballroom is quite a distance from the rooms and lobby. However staff were gracious about driving individuals around if they had trouble walking.
5. TV reception was fine but no pay movies (at least that we could find)
6. Beds: everyone had different tastes when it comes to mattresses but my spouse and I both found this mattress to be painfully uncomfortable. Don’t think we’d return for this reason alone.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

I live in New York City and was attending a conference in the vicinity. I was delighted when I discovered my room looked out on a serene green landscape. I looked forward to some blissful peace and quiet away from the city. Unfortunately, my room was right off the lobby and the waves of drunk people shouting and drinking in the hall outside my door all night kept me from sleeping for more than a few hours. I got to hear some hilarious drunken conversations about who is hooking up with who, and “do you actually trust him?” and “she is definitely into him” and “he’s not that into you, dont spend the night with him.” But I was trying to get some sleep because our conference has an early morning start. And nobody over the age of 30 wants to feel like they are staying at a frat house. When I called the front desk their response was pretty underwhelmed. They acknowledged that this is an ongoing issue with that room, and offered to close a door between the lobby and guest rooms, even as they implied that this would do very little. There was a deep unwillingness to ask other guests to move their drinking and partying into more appropriate areas of the hotel. I was woken up continuously throughout the night as wave after wave of revellers shouted/stumbled/gossiped outside my door. Use of the white noise machine in the room was just no match for the party going on outsise my door. I arrived at the conference exhausted and sleepy. It had a significantly negative impact on the conference for me, and I will be contacting the organizers of the conference to urge them to consider using a different hotel next time. They seemed to have a long history of using the center, so Im surprised that I was given that room? And their customer service was so consistently lackluster. They clearly dont pay or treat their staff right. There was this general tone of helplessness and hopelessness on the part of the staff. I have never actually experienced hotel staff that seem so utterly disempowered. We had some other issues - milk that had gone sour, a lost item... And they just would shrug and vaguely imply that someone else might address the issue. Maybe they arent getting any sleep either.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2018

I attended the recent IACC Connect conference here. It is a ways from the city center, but a great location to get away with your group to meet and enjoy food and entertainment together. The staff was top notch and the food...OMGoodness, culinary genius was happening! Poke bowls are life.

The rooms are spacious and the meeting spaces are accommodating and ready for production.

Room Tip: 3rd Level rooms have balconies if you face the golf course!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Travvelalot, General Manager at Chubb Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Good morning Charmaine, thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay and experience with us. We enjoyed hosting our peers from IACC and I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the property, our food, and service. I too think our Poke Bowl Station is pretty fantastic. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Briones
VP & General Manager

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

This is a large conference facility, with lovely views. It has a 20th century modern look, very angular Danish feel, which some people like, some don’t. It’s not a full service hotel, and some reviewers are troubled by that. It’s really best suited for business meetings or a large group. My room was fine, large and bright, nice bathroom. The property is sprawling and not well suited for people with disabilities or walking issues (Many stairs, few elevators). Staff are nice. Food was OK, not great. Fitness center tiny, very inadequate for a business facility these days. Overall, it was an adequate conference center, not great, not terrible. I would not advise staying here if you’re looking for typical hotel amenities like room service. And management, please update the fitness center.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business