Cove Haven Resort
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)(Great Value!)
US$95
Travelocity
US$65
Ledges Hotel(Hawley)(Great Value!)
US$150
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region(Lake Ariel)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$100
US$838
Hotels.com
2,699 results
All reviewshonest philice skatingbreakfast in bedget awaybreakfast and dinnerour honeymoonparrot loungeprivate tablechampagne towergarden of eden applemini golfnewlywed gameyear anniversaryromantic getawayspeed boatbring your ownall you can eat
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Out of a '50's B-movie.

Check-in - Fine. Lobby was old and so were the grounds.
Room - Yuck! Smelled horrible. Asked housekeeping to spray. Worked for 2 hours and then that horrible smell came back.
Food - Ick! I think my last hospital stay had better food.
Entertainment - Hah! Some really old guy with jokes from the 60's was on stage. Geezer
Got back to room and packed bags-Left didn't want to sleep there. I had to wash all of my clothes when I got home. They smelled like the room.

Room Tip: Go on a cruise.
4  Thank Dan K
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

I’d like to hear more about your stay Dan K (when you were here, what suite you stayed in…). Please consider emailing me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We looked at these reviews before we went and prepared ourselves for anything! Our trip started bumpy, but ended beautifully. Use their directions NOT GPS. You will get lost. The registration gentleman had a bit of an attitude, but so did I b/c I had driven 1 extra hr out of my way to get there, so I hoped things would look up.And they did! Our room Garden of Eden apple was FANTASTIC! A private cubby hole, very clean and beautiful. We looked at some of the other rooms before we left and I understand some of the other comments, but they are making renovations throughout the resort. I think it is the best room, and listening to some of the Forever Lovers, it is the most popular.The concert with Keith Sweat was WOW and the comedian was really funny! We enjoyed dinner, and were kindly accomodated even though we were late. We enjoyed eating some meals with other couples, especially since this was our first time. We learned so much from those who had visited before. It is easy to ask to sit alone, if you wish, as we did for 2 meals. The food was as good as hotel food gets, and there is alot! FYI- If there is something you want and it's not on the buffet, they will make it for you. Ask for Chris or Dennis for wait staff, they ROCK! The cocktails are good, and they have specials. Make sure to go to the Cocktail hour with hot and cold hors'dovrs before dinner and hang out. We did bring drinks and snacks for the room, just in case. My hubby gets hungry in the middle of the night so they came in handy.But we bought logs there, they weren't that expensive. We enjoyed the activities, Honest Phil is a HOOT! If you don't like things a bit raunchy, don't go see him. It is a resort for Adults, GROWN FOLK, so alot is geared to coupling up with your sweetie, alone or with others.It is also in the mountains so you will not get some of the same activities as you might at Sandals and such.I do believe you get what you put in and we love being together, the woods, and that kind of thing(archery, bingo,skating). I read one review that said it was like Adult Summer Camp, and it was, but in a fun, grown up way. WE WILL BE BACK!! ps- regarding the "adult" items in the gift shop. This is a place for adults....some ammenties may be needed to enhance your intimate evening, but it is not for everyone.

Room Tip: Garden of Eden Apple was FABULOUS!!! The BOSE sound system can be used to drown out any noise.....but we didn't have any problems.
1  Thank Carroll M
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Thank you for the review Carroll M. I’ll be sure to share with Chris, Dennis and Honest Phil. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked what I thought was the perfect romantic getaway for my lovely wife's 50th bday, BOY WAS i WRONG!!!! the place looks like old motel rooms stuck out in the middle of nowhere. open the door and the combination of old 70's funk trying to be covered up with fabreeze,( didn't work). the floor creeked and bounced as I walked around. the cheesy mirrored ceiling over the bed was faded and cheep. the comforter and thin blanket didn't look clean. the round bed was comfortable but I had to question if it was ever cleaned. the fireplace had to keep the door closed or the room filled with smoke. the $80.00 roses I prepurchased looked like they came from someone else's room. luckily the 2 underplush/cheep looking robes I purchased for $179.00 were refunded before I opened them after I requested my money back for them. there was no microwave or coffee makere in the room. the pool looked like it was never cleaned. during the night it sounded like a tractor trailer was trying to stop outside my room with bad brakes. every 2 to 5 minutes all night long the sound never stopped. the all inclusive was the deal maker. however when we got to dinner for what I thought was going to be intement turned out to be less then that. we were seated with strangers and the meal was a buffet. the food was ok but quite cheep for what I paid for the place. the waiter was crude and made suggestive comments to my wife and me. the deserts were horrible. the night club where I thought we could dance the night away was fulll of a bunch of red neck drunks. I thought I stepped into a dirty dancing movie. they were playing hide the what ever and the MC was an over the prime old toothless dude that made crude remarks and foul language. the band was an over the hill foursome that I wouldn't dance to if you paid me. unfortunately due to the 3 hour drive to this place we had to stay the night. I was able to cancel saturdaynights stay and minus $100.00 I got $336.00 refunded to me. the whole time was a great big rotten goose egg that stunk to high heaven. the breakfast was sooooo cheep that burger king would have been like eating at the hilton! my wife cried for 2 days. please! please! please! reconsider staying here unless you are married to your sister or cousin and have downed a couple of six packs or a 5th of Jack. My nightmare started 4/27/2012 and thankfully ended 4/28/2012 at 9:00 am when we headed home.

Room Tip: book at the hilton or go camping!
5  Thank shawn r

Very sorry to hear that the Land of Love wasn’t for you.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We normally do not rate or review but for cove heaven we will make an exception!

this is not a resort

more like a motel at best

do not expect biking tennis snowmobiling or anything they promote

overly expensive and major disappointment

Room Tip: we went here for vday do not waste your time or money
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jethrothetraveler

Jethrothetraveler, please know that we do have biking, tennis (indoor and outdoor) and snowmobiling that are all included in your stay. The outdoor activities are seasonal and unfortunately Mother Nature did not cooperate with us. Although we tried making our own snow, we were only able to snowmobile and snow tube a handful of days this year.
I’d love to hear more about your stay… what you thought of your suite, dinner… Please consider emailing me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

well the room atmosphere was really nice, my main complaint about the room was that our champagne glass tub had a bunch of mold on the underside of the tube, but because the tub is clear you can see it plain as day, so grossss. Our jets and light in the pool didn't work. And the round bed was comfy at first but the second night it killed my back plus it was a little small, I am used to a cal. king. The upholstry on the chairs was ripped up.The wall paper was peeling in the room, and there was a ceiling tile missing in the bathroom, Overall the room was clean except for the underside of the tub. But the "stars" above the bed and the tub were very nice, they realy made a romantic feeling. The activites were a little cheese for the price you pay. The "Roller Rink" is the basketball court, The indoor archery has bows you could buy at the dollar store, But there billard tables were nice and they were free the arcade games you had to pay for. The minature golf was fun, and we had a blast playing pingpong and crane machines and playing the wii, Over all we had fun, but my husband and I can have fun just about anywhere. Upon arrival the first thing we saw was that 2 of the buildings had collapsed roofs, Which makes me think they don't put any money back into the resort. Breakfast and dinner were really nice, We sat by ourselves we didn't want to sit with anyone else we were on a romantic getaway. The waiters and waitress are great, but they need to hire more, it took over a half an hour for our waiter to bring us more drinks after our food came out, again not the waiters fault they need more help. We went to go down to the lake looking forward to paddle boating but there was no one on the doc and the paddle boats were no where near the water, so that killed that idea. Our favorite activity was watching phil feed the deer. When we left our room to go down and watch,and the deer were right behind our room waitting for phil to call them. phil came out and stated yelling come an eat, come on down, and the deere started coming from all direction, it was so cool. whe he brought the feed bucket in front of them they followed him like dogs! we stood there and watched even after everyone had left and the deer get comfortable enough with you that you can get with in 3 feet of them. We went on a horse and carriage ride (which cost extra money) with another couple and that was fun. The horse and drivers names were Bob and they guy was too funny cracking jokes and talking with us and the horse the whole way! They offer a lot of in room activities massages and such but they are a fortune. The price for one fire log is more than what a whole case costs at the store. Over all it was a nice stay but the place is very dated, I asked at the front desk when was the last time the rooms were remodeled and she said never they just update every couple of years. The ice rink looked really neat but I didn't take part in that. We didn't do the night club thing either,so I dont know about that either. overall in was nice but we wont be going back. If only they would take some of the money they bring in and invest it back in the property it would be really nice. And they need to fix those roofs they really bring the look of the whole place down. Like i said everything in the room was very clean except for the underside of the tub which we told them about at the front desk and they said we will have housekeeping take care of that. somehow i dont' belive that overall we had a good time.but we would have been happier with one night and one day. by the second day it was ok now what do we do? we had done just about everything we ended up leaving earlier than planned and skipped out on our horseback ride because it wasn't untill 2 and we left right after breakfast. I wouldn't go there again though. I had a good time because I was with the love of my life.

Room Tip: we said in champagne towers and it was nice and quiet
3  Thank speeddemon298

So happy to hear you had a good time with the love you’re your life! Hope you visit us again.