“Very good food and friendly atmosphere”

Capone's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #358 of 641 Restaurants in Lancaster
Description: We are a new Italian Fine Dining Restaurant with a jazz flavor. We have jazz music every second and fourth Fridays. Capone's recommends reservations, particularly during the weekend.
Reviewed April 9, 2017

This restaurant is also called Capone's Diner and Coffee Shop. On our visit there today we had sweet potato fries for an appetizer which were delicious! My husband had broiled flounder and I had roast turkey dinner. Both of these entrees were from the Senior Menu. We enjoyed our time there with the waitress being very friendly and there was a young man there who welcomed us and was also attentive to our needs. The decor matches the name 'Capone's' with various news articles and artifacts reminiscent of Al Capone's era of time.

Reviewed January 3, 2017 via mobile

Had to run to local grocery store for sub rolls for our order.
Italian name would assume some good Italian dishes....that's not the menu at all

Reviewed August 31, 2016

The food was pretty good (chef salad). The service was slow. We were there for lunch (five of us). There were maybe 10 - 12 people in the restaurant. The staff, at the time, was a waitress and a cook. We waited about 25 minutes for our food. We were disappointed by the service.

Reviewed May 14, 2016

Had been in this place for lunch the week it opened, and it was pretty rocky. We decided to try it again for a spur of the moment anniversary dinner. The restaurant is very small, and in a tough location. A number of previous restaurants at this site have failed. Note that this is a BYOB place, which certainly hurts their chances of success even more. We were seated immediately and greeted warmly. They remembered it was our anniversary. The low point of the meal was the amuse bouche, that came immediately. It was a peach slice wrapped in prosciutto; neither the peach nor the prosciutto were very good. Things moved rapidly upward, however, with bruschetta that had wonderful tomatoes and not too much garlic. The salads were good, thought there was a bit of grit in the lettuce of my wife's salad. The high point was the entree-we both had the homemade pasta with prosciutto meatballs and homemade tomato sauce. This was, quite simply, divine, as good as any I've had in Italy. We finished with a chocolate dessert, the name of which escapes me, that was excellent as well. Service was prompt and friendly, though several other tables seemed to be suffering from slow service. All in all, I'd have waited quite a bit longer than we did to get that pasta dish.

Reviewed April 1, 2016

I was skeptical as the setting is a former gas station (which since then has been a few other things) but I liked the food and it was a nice experience.
I had a special appetizer - a cheesy custardy thing with micro-greens, jam, a parmesan crisp, etc. it was VERY good - it was a small appetizer but enough for one.
I also had the prosciutto wrapped Caesar. It was grilled and it had anchovies and roasted peppers. I liked it. Not as good as some but better than others.
It is a little "higher end" in the food department but, again the setting could be better. Give it a try and I think you will like it.

1  Thank Whareareugoing