“Fat Pigs on an extreme diet!”

Fat Pigs BBQ & Whiskey Bar
Ranked #335 of 651 Restaurants in Lancaster
Description: YEAH, PIG OUT! It is totally acceptable at Fetty Wootz. ?Smoked meats, beer, whiskey, and a small bit of mess amount to a good time. Come in and enjoy our hoggery and whiskey/beer bar. All hail the swine!?
Reviewed May 30, 2017

First time to go to this place, recommended by many !!
Was given a certificate to go try from "local coupons" Presented to waitress at time of ordering. NEVER NEVER do this BEFORE you get your food!!!!
The servings were very small, fries were burnt, the "chips" were 7 Tostitos and the bun was the average store bought, not even Keizer rolls or artisans rolls. Meat on warm sandwiches were very fatty! I'd even go to say the meat on our sandwiches were part of the scrap not served earlier! Sorry.... we were so disappointed we didn't take any pics.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed May 19, 2017

We were impressed with this restaurant after our first visit. I ordered their pulled pork platter which came with cole slaw, corn bread and baked beans, if memory serves me. My husband ordered something similar but he had a choice of two smoked, pulled meats. We thought it tasted great and was a fantastic value. A few months later, we decided to dine there again. The menu, however, had changed. We didn't see the platter we'd ordered before, so we decided to try the ribs. I'm not a foodie or a BBQ master, but I'm pretty sure that there are no standards by which those ribs would be considered ok. They were charred black on one side, and any meat on them was either chewy and crispy. I prefer my meat cooked till its good and dead, but this was dead and cremated. They were so overdone that our hands didn't even get greasy. To be fair I'm averaging the two visits and giving them three stars. However, dining out is an infrequent treat for us, so I doubt we'll be making a third visit to this establishment.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 28, 2017

This establishment was recommended to us by our B&B hosts. On a rainy Saturday, we went to eat here at about 2pm. It was a tad hard to find (located within a building where it was not marked very well - we would not have known how to find it if our hosts hadn't told us it was located within a building labeled 'Brickyard'). The restaurant had a nice relaxing feel to it, had plenty of tvs for sports coverage, and was not crowded when we went. Food was yummy but not out of this world. DH got the brisket sandwich and I got a nice plate of fries (wasn't that hungry). Prices were reasonable as well. Overall a good, but average, experience.

Reviewed April 27, 2017

I ordered the beef brisket and pork along with onion rings and cole slaw. The beef brisket was excellent and I got so much food I have enough left overs for 3 more meals.

Reviewed April 25, 2017

I stumbled across a coupon deal from Groupon and was hesitant after reading mixed reviews about Fat Pigs. Always looking for new eateries in an area we frequent several times a year, we chanced it. Sooooo glad we did!! The place is a hidden gem. A converted warehouse with exposed beams and ductwork makes a very unique dining experience. You can chose booths or cozy little table wit squishy chairs closer to large screen tvs and a full bar and an extensive beer selection which is plainly printed with a description of it's hop content, etc. The menu offers several meat options and combos which you can smother or dip into 4 house made BBQ sauces. Portions are plentiful and yes, the fat on the brisket is a bit dense...the meat was moist and flavorful, as it is when you cook a huge brisket with the fat still on it. The turkey was my personal fave and I'd recommend that for sure! The mac and cheese was average and my mashed potatoes were cold...thus the 4 star review. The cole slaw was excellent, however! But, it is a BBQ place and on that alone, I'd give it an outstanding review. The atmosphere and food was much better than expected. And the service was far and above...yes, there was only one actual waitress but there were two other kitchen servers that aided her and we waited for nothing. Glad we stopped in for dinner and we will definitely go back!