“Hot Stroopie”

Lancaster Sweet Shoppe
Ranked #181 of 630 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: The Lancaster Sweet Shoppe is a Candy Store, Ice Cream Parlor, and dessert destination in Lancaster City. Chocolate, Ice Cream, Stroopies
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

If you were like me, I had no idea what a Stroopie was. However, upon walking through the front door I was putty in their hands. The smells of cinnamon and chocolate greeted me at the door and I knew this was going to be an amazing experience. The fudge was delicious, but the hot Stroopie made such an impression on us and the guests we brought along. I love that the pastry is made right in front of you and can see it was made fresh. We went on a Friday night and the employees were making them as fast as they were flying off the rack.
This is a place is a "must try" if you are in Lancaster.

Chad M, Owner at Lancaster Sweet Shoppe, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

So glad you found us....there is nothing quite like a fresh warm Stroopie, glad you enjoyed them.

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

They serve Pine Hill Dairy Ice Cream. For those who don't know, Pine Hill Dairy is an iconic Lancaster County Creamery located in the southern part of the county. That you don't have to travel outside of the city to get this luscious treat is HUGE! And being able to purchase delicious chocolates and warm stroppies at the same time? A piece of Heaven located on North Duke Street! YUM.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Picked up dark chocolate covered strawberries along with some candy for my wife on Valentine's day. My wife and I indulged ourselves with these gourmet chocolate. It was really delicious. They also have an ice cream shop in the back, but have never been there for the ice cream. Some friends of ours have recommended it though. We will definitely make it a point to visit again. The girl working there was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Came here to buy chocolate and their chocolate covered waffle cookies(they have a name, but I forget it - sorry). You can get hot beverages also and eat your choco there - they have seating inside, and I think outside too.

1  Thank rick d
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

The Stroopies in this candy/ice cream shop are worth every penny. I can't tell you how good they are but I will tell you that you missed something critical if you leave Lancaster without a tin of them. I love the espresso and chocolate caramel dipped ones the most, but the plain caramel filled waffle is special by itself. The chocolate candy is awesome and the ice cream is delicious! I particularly loved the Oreo chocolate espresso that I got but my wife's chai stroopie Sunday was darn good as well.