Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I went there last August and had a great time!!. I thought that from the backdrop name of Best Western this was definitely going to be your average outdated hotel room, but, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was beautiful, clean, and shiny. The restaurants had great food, definitely enjoyed my stay here and I am actually going back in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle B

Reviewed 29 April 2012

The resort is very beautiful and very clean and so are the rooms. Excellent place to stay alone or with family. The staff is very accommodating and polite. The manager is always around and about making sure that everything is working smoothly.

Room Tip: Great place to stay if heading to sight and sounds theatre
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Panterenoire
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The last time we visited here, there was a problem with our reservation, but we experienced no problems whatsoever on this trip-- it was perfect. We visited for my birthday weekend and stayed in a studio king villa. We brought our two small dogs with us. The dogs stayed at the Petsmart Pet's Hotel (which was only minutes from the hotel) for daycare while we were out and about, but came back to the hotel at night with us. The room was wonderful-- it was up a small flight of stairs, and had a beautiful gas fireplace and a cute kitchen that was plenty big for us. The bed was very comfortable. There was an iPod dock/radio/CD player on the nightstand, which was a nice touch, and we did plug our iPod into it. There was a large flatscreen tv and a sitting area in front of the fireplace. It was very cozy and even though we were near the highway, it was fairly quiet, with only the loudest of road noises faintly noticeable. The room was spotlessly clean and it felt very private, like we were the only people there, although I know the villas were all occupied. I saw a few people with dogs as we went in and out, but I never heard any barking, it was very quiet. The hotel really catered to our dogs-- we were given special dog bowls with the Eden Resort logo on them, and dog treats and poo bags, along with cute light up ID tags and a privacy sign to hang on our door that said "Woof!" We ordered breakfast to be delivered in the morning, and it arrived at precisely the time we had chosen and was quite nice. The wireless internet worked flawlessly. We really had a perfect weekend and didn't want to leave to go home! I can't wait to stay here again, and actually plan to make it my annual birthday weekend trip if we are able. Thanks Eden Resort-- we had the perfect time and so did our dogs!

Room Tip: The villas are definitely the way to go-- we've stayed in the interior part of this hotel before...
2  Thank sillyyorkie
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This Hotel was the best in everything. BUT if you go on a Saturday or Sunday try not to stay in any of the rooms that overlook the main dining area. On weekends they have parties till 10PM
They are very loud and the camera flashes were liting up our room. Everything else about this place was almost perfect. We plan on going back if we can get a room away from all the music and public address system that made us feel like we were at the party.

Room Tip: On weekends refuse any room that overlooks the dinning room
4  Thank LaughingBill
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We visited for President's day weekend. We were two families with toddlers - a 3 year old boy and a two year old girl. We had adjoining rooms, both with two queen beds. The rooms were larger than many I've been too and had a refridgerator and microwave, which is always a bonus.

Our rooms over looked the interior party room, which was a little strange. We had great big windows, but our view was someone's wedding party. But our kids really enjoyed watching the wedding party dancing so it turned out okay.

We really enjoyed the indoor pool. It was quite large, which was good because there were a lot of people in it. It is a salt-water pool, which I always enjoy more than clorine. We also enjoyed the playground which has a lot of fun equipment.

The resort looked like it would be more fun in the summer time. There is a splashpark which I know our toddlers would have loved.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NotYourBroom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

If you are going to stay here, don't pick the Romance Package. Pick another package. This one is not the better value. Most other packages offer breakfast, dinner, wine, coupons for outlet shopping. This one only provides breakfast and champagne. The room we stayed in with this package was very small and in the bathroom, I had to move out the coffee pot and setup just to get a vanity bag on the counter. The door butts right up against the toilet. I had to step out so my husband could get his shower. Two people cannot be in this enclosed space at the same time and the vanity mirror is in there so it was interesting getting ready. We had a lovely breakfast, but get the buffet because if you read the paper they include, your breakfast is only worth $4 if you get the breakfast in bed as promised from the promotion. I still have the paper saying if I order a la carte (only $4.00 is credited.) I felt cheated. They suggest you use your Sunday breakfast ticket toward the champage brunch, but it is only worth an $8.00 credit toward that which is around $36.00 so the buffet is your only option according to the paper which was dissappointing since we would have liked to have breakfast in our room as promised. We ordered room service the first night and (2) items from the menu that totaled $22.00 ending up costing us $33.00 when delivered. That is much more than the $2.00 service charge and tax. We didn't eat right away, but found there was no way to heat the food (no microwave in room). This is not provided which is usually standard in most rooms. The 2nd day, we headed out at 7:30 a.m. and left the tag on the door to have the room cleaned (along with a tip). The room still wasn't done when we got back at 2:45 after a long day of touring. I went to the front desk and was told by the clerk that they had a large group leave and those rooms are always done first which left my husband and I, on our 23 wedding anniversary, sitting around waiting for our room. Something is wrong when paying guests come 2nd to ones no longer there. My husband and I use to love to come here. We brought our grandson in the summer and stayed a couple of times each year. Something has changed at this hotel, but if you don't mind any of this, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't pick the Romance Package. Be careful of the room you get because some of them are extreme...
2  Thank Kathleen W
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered. For your information, our Manager On Duty is available twenty-four hours per day and by dialing -0- at any time during your visit, we are happy to assist any concern. I am glad you were able to speak to the Assistant General Manager, Ms. Melissa Depoe and you were able to resolve your concerns. Also, we are currently adding microwaves to all of our West Wing guest rooms assuring every room at our resort has one. Until the actual installation is completed, microwaves are always available by requesting one through our reservations department or front desk after checking.

On behalf of all of the Eden team, "Happy Anniversary" and best wishes. Thank you, most of all, for choosing the Eden Resort and for being our guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Mark Clossey, GM

Reviewed 20 April 2012

What a great place. I traveled with a 16 and 19 year old and we needed space and the resort provided it. We stayed in the 2 bedroom penthouse unit and it was beautiful. The grounds were a delight as well. My teens played a game of pool and ping pong outside. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were great and the lifeguards did a great job keeping all the little kids out of the jacuzzi so it was relaxing - another great part of the pool was there was a deep side. The hotel is constantly maintaining the property so everything runs great. The front desk staff was very helpful as well. We noticed a bees nest on the deck and they took care of it immediately. Highly recommend it - loved the privacy of the suites in the back. The only thing I didn't like was the parking - wish they would add a place you could park to unload the car - besides that - the place was great.

Room Tip: When I booked I asked for a quiet room and did get one - not sure how quiet it would be once the out...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family