1,017 results
All reviews convention center self park department store the concierge lounge central market parking garage front desk corner room heart of downtown per day within walking distance farmers market beautiful hotel hotel bar dance competition hot tub mini fridge
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay with family and friends. The room was immaculate and the hotel is centrally located to restaurants and nightlife so you can walk to most places. The holiday decorations were lovely. Only problem were the key cards. We had trouble with them in the elevator and hotel room. Otherwise, a lovely visit.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Lancaster Marriott for a business trip. I found it to be centrally located, clean everywhere, comfortable, nice lobby (which happened to be decorated very nicely for the holidays).

The staff was helpful and friendly.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2016

My husband & I stayed here as part of a wedding group. The room was good, clean & comfy, but noise from the night club across the street thumped until 2 am. The shuttle picks up & drops off on the Vine Street entrance - it was unattended and the area in disarray on the way out. On the way back the doors were locked. We had to walk a block to the other entrance in heels and without coats on a cold damp night. Not fun. In the bar area, we could not get table service, then my husband stood at the bar for 15 minutes and the bar tenders never even looked at him. We gave up and left. Next morning we were meeting friends for breakfast and there again - service was terrible.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TessNarvon
Michelle R, Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2016

Dear TessNarvon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your visit.

The information that we had been given was that the buses were going to drop off you group’s guests on Queen St., adjacent to the lobby and we had arranged for those doors to be open. Our bell staff did immediately notify our security team after the first bus arrived and two of our staff members did meet the remaining 10-15 guests on Vine St., opened the doors and escorted them up to the lobby.

I have also shared your concerns regarding your experience in our restaurant and lounge with our food and beverage leadership team so that they understand the frustration our guests feel when we fail to deliver the level of service our guests have come to expect from Marriott.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are constantly evaluating our team's performance and closely reviewing our guests' feedback to identify operational areas that require some improvement. Providing Marriott's high level of service and comfort to all of our guests is our number one priority.

Reviewed November 25, 2016

I agree with most other reviewers. I stay at a lot of Marriott Hotels worldwide and this hotel has a great location as well as large, clean rooms but food in the Concierge Lounge and bar leaves something to be desired, especially the breakfast items. Also, when they run out of items later (like desserts) they may not be replenished. Maybe it was just the week of Thanksgiving but seems as though it wouldn't take a lot of effort to be better. Parking is a bit of a rude surprise at $18 per day self parking and $30 per day valet. We couldn't take another day of the Concierge Lounge breakfast so we went to the restaurant and ordered omelets on the buffet. I actually thought it was quite good, until I found a long hair buried in my omelet at which point I lost my appetite. I'm a loyal Marriott Rewards member but I was a little disappointed this week.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Michelle R, Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2016

Dear RoaminRandy,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness, comfort and size of our guest rooms as well as our central location to all of the things Lancaster Country has to offer.

We sincerely apologize for any disappointment in your food and beverage experience at our hotel. We clearly did not meet your expectations – or ours. I have reviewed your comments with our team so that we can improve the experience of our guests moving forward and to ensure something of this nature is an isolate incident.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We are constantly striving to improve our guests' experience and identify any operational areas that may require improvement and we appreciate your valuable feedback.

Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

The good- I travel a lot for work and the room I had at this hotel was one of the most comfortable. I did not have to constantly adjust the room temperature, nice bed, great views, and I liked having the mini fridge.
The bad- no coffee shop in the lobby. This is unusual these days and I for one prefer a place to get coffee, yogurt and fruit to eat in my room. The only breakfast option was the restaurant or someplace outside the hotel (according to the front desk)
The really bad- congested driveway. It took 2 passes for me to be able to drive up to the hotel and then was greeted by someone looking for money, not the valet or bellman. Why was this person allowed to hang around when obviously it was very busy? It took several minutes for the staff to notice he was harassing me.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Michelle R, Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2016

Dear Houser1251,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review regarding your recent stay at the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your guest room and the sweeping City views many of them offer.

Should your travels ever bring you back to Lancaster, please know that in addition to our restaurant, located on the main level of the hotel, we do offer breakfast through our Fresh Bites program, which offers a selection of in-room dining options for all meal period including breakfast.

Finally, we do sincerely apologize for your experience in our front drive. While it is not large, we do our very best to keep our arriving and departing traffic moving as efficiently as possible to minimize any inconvenience to our guests. We would also strongly encourage anyone being approached by a stranger not affiliated with the hotel to immediately report their concerns to a hotel staff member and I can assure you we will quickly take action.

Thanks again for your feedback and letting us know what we could have done better. We sincerely appreciate your comments!