“Arrogant, condescending front desk clerk”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Arrogant, condescending front desk clerk”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We are actually staying here for the night right now but won't ever, ever return and glad it's only for one night! The room is sparse, no refrigerator like others mention, clean, yet when we first came in the room, there was a strong cleaning product smell so I wonder if they are trying to cover up something.

Our issue started when we tried to check in. We had a coupon from the PA Coupon Book. It read:
1-2 persons
$44.95
Add $5 for additional person
Add $10 for Fri and Sat

Since we were just "2" persons, I was surprised that front desk clerk charged us $49.95. I showed him the coupon again. He was so rude and said that the coupon said that it was $44.95 for the first person and $5 for the second person. When I showed him that it wasn't written that way, he was so condescending and rude to me, telling me that I was wrong. When I said that I didn't appreciate how rudely he was talking to his "customer", he said he wasn't being rude, but rather that I didn't understand the coupon.

We will never stay here again and would never recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for room on side away from highway if you actually decide to stay here.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cindy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saint John, New Brunswick
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I booked this hotel as a place to spend a night to break up a long roadtrip. I selected it solely because it had the cheapest price I could find within a 50 mile radius. I don't always go for the cheapest, but when I know I will only be staying there less than 12 hours, top quality is not a concern, just cost.

I saw some poor reviews posted in this site, but went ahead with the booking anyhow. I arrived around 7pm at night, check-in was smooth and easy. Room was clean, even had a fridge, which I was not expecting (wasn't listed on my confirmation). Across the street from the Super 8 there is a gas station with a convenience store (cannot remember the name of the station/store). There is also a Dunkin Donuts directly across the street. About a half mile away there is a Walmart Supercenter. My GPS also said there was a Target within 2 miles, but we just went to Walmart to grab a few things we needed for the trip.

Overall I recommed this Super 8 as a fine place to crash for the night. I believe this is very close to the famous Amish Country, but I wasn't in town long enough to explore that part of the area.

Room Tip: No harm is asking if you can have a room with a fridge. My reservation didn't mention a fridge a...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank duranie74
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We've stayed at Super 8's before and found them to be comfortable and clean as well as.reasonably priced. We had no.reason to expect anything else. At first glance room was ok. A bit shabby. We dropped our thimgs off and went out. When we came back I asked for extra towels. There were w bath a w hand, no washcloths and no bathmat. The girl at the front desk said they did not have extras at that time. Also could not tell me the cost of the laundry. Came backlog to the room took the laundry over and went back. Sat in the armchair and the.seat cushion fell off, hurt my back, looked around and realizes the room is filthy. Took a hand towel to dry my hands and it's dirty. Spoke to front desk clerk and she can't do a thing other than talk to the manager who comes in at 7 am. no offer to make it right. Also no bathmat or ice bucket. Checked again still no towels.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank randimarshall
Geneva
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed there for one night and I would really not recommend. There is an awful smell in the room (smells like sprays to kill bugs), the bath tube was really dirty. The blanket on the bed had some stains and the carpet really needs to be replaced.
On top, we had asked for a baby cot when we did the booking and when we arrived they told us they only had one and that it was not available.
On the positive side, the hotel is located quite close from the Tanger outlet which is really excellent for shopping.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank alineduce
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have stayed at this Super 8 in the past and had no problems. However, after reading several recent reviews, we were concerned about whether we'd made a good choice for a one-night stay. But, despite all we read online, our visit was just as good as any other in the past at the Lancaster Super 8

Obviously, if you are looking for an extravagant hotel, Super 8 would not be your choice. But the air conditioner worked beautifully, there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room, and the bathroom counter has so much more space than many other hotels, all of which make for a comfortable stay!

My husband and I experienced none of the problems others have mentioned. Our room was clean. In fact, even the walls were a bright creamy white color, almost as though just painted! The bathroom was spotless, as were the sheets. (None of the horrid stains that others spoke of.) Our carpet was also clean, with no stains or smells. Some have said that the staff's service is rude and/or nonexistent. We especially looked to see if this would be so, but were warmly greeted by the desk clerk when we arrived an hour before check-in. She very graciously told us it was no problem to go to our room right then because everything was ready for our stay. When we were packing up the following morning, we could hear a housekeeper in the hallway greeting people with "Have a great day!" When we stepped into the hallway, she said the same to us and asked if our room had been satisfactory, sending us on our way with a friendly smile.

The only concern I had was that there wasn't a Bible in the room, so I asked at the desk when checking out. The clerk seemed surprised, and said that they do indeed place Bibles in their hotel rooms and she would check it out. I told her I knew there always had been in the past, and that maybe someone really needed it and took it with them when leaving. But I was pleased that she didn't belittle my question or look at all surprised by it.

This Super 8 is close to so much of the Lancaster area, and is so reasonable that we were able to spend our money on sites rather than sleeping. We will continue to stay here in the future!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan123123
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed for 2 nights. They are one of the few hotels in Lancaster that will let your pet stay with them. Staff was very courteous. Beds were basically comfortable and got a decent night's sleep. Coffee and bagel etc for the a.m. provided by the hotel. The room was pretty clean but the carpet needs replacing or a really good cleaning. Wear sandals! Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank TheRhodeIslanders
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Pet friendly! We had a cat and two Guiena pigs, no problem, just $10.00 a day more. Got a room the day before hurricane struck thru petfriendlyhotels, which suprized the front desk crew. The room was CLEAN in every way. NO odors , dead bugs etc. Beds were firm and queen size as advertised. Breakfast was a little sparce but for the money still a good value. We were very happy with our stay and after reading negative reviews wanted to let everyone know our stay was nice.

Room Tip: Bring three way plug adapter to plug in a CPAP or fan etc. as outlets are all full of lights and ref...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family