“Try something new at Callaloo”

Callaloo Trinidadian Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 640 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed July 28, 2018

First visit and I'm eager to return, the food and beverages are unique, friendly staff, easy to get to location with free street parking

Reviewed July 11, 2018

Our family had theater tickets and wanted to find a place to eat. After finding this restaurant on TripAdvisor we decided to make reservations. It is a small BYOB restaurant and we were lucky we made reservations because it was full (on a Tuesday). We started with the Sorrel juice (which we discovered in Belize and Costa Rica) and cassava fries served with three different sauces. We devoured them. My son, husband, and I had the Buss-Up-Shut (curried chicken and curried beef). I could live on that flatbread-amazing. The beef was very tender and chicken very moist. My daughter had the Guava BBQ chicken and it was excellent. Our server and hostess were extremely nice and helpful explaining the menu. We will definitely return to try some of the other delicious sounding offerings on their menu. Even though it is a small restaurant we didn't feel squeezed into the tables and it was a pleasant open atmosphere. Highly Recommended

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time. Everyone in our group loved what they ordered—and loved picking at each other’s food. I can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed June 21, 2018

There are very few tables in this place, so reservations are strongly recommended. We managed to get a table right at the time that they opened on a weekday, but, otherwise, I don't think we would be so lucky. My husband had their house specialty with the meat and chickpeas that you roll up in bread. My son enjoyed the jerk chicken, and I enjoyed the fish and shrimp dish. We all enjoyed the key lime pie for dessert.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

Incredible, unique flavors! This is a cute restaurant and great option for lunch. We ordered the roti, doubles, and sorrel drink.