“Super little neighborhood place”
Review of Red Rose Tavern

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Rose Tavern
Ranked #127 of 641 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Popped in to try this place one evening when we were driving by on our way to another restaurant nearby. Really glad that we did. Like what they have done with the place - nice comfortable surroundings and really nice mix of beer and dinner choices. Definitely a "go back" place for us!

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Saturday evening, June 23rd, we walked around the corner from our hotel to find this gem! Inviting atmosphere, fabulous menu, great wine choices and a remarkable server, Nysha. Nysha was well versed on the specials and the entire menu. We had the crab pancakes for an appetizer and my husband and I were both equally delighted, albeit trying to share politely, with all the different flavors which paired well. Light and delicious.Our servers timing was amazing, there before my last sip of wine, always. We both had steak, different dishes, and not only was the steak cooked perfectly, I'm a rare fan, but the flavor was unbelievable. I found out that it was under new Mgmt. and had previously been named the Mulberry Social Club. It seems to be a neighborhood tavern but is truly much much more. Such a breath of fresh air to find this diamond in the rough. Oh, and our dessert was a Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with fresh blueberries and a anise sauce....to die for....needless to say, whenever in Lancaster, we will surely be back. Thanks Nysha for a night to remember. We will spread the word! You, no doubt, will have your own restaurant one day, I would bet on it!!

Reviewed June 27, 2018

My husband and I had dinner here this week. We had never tried this restaurant under the new name. It was really good--much better than the previous restaurant here. The menu was more extensive and imaginative than before. Our server gave good advice and had a great sense of humor. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 22, 2018

Management changed in early 2018. Service is not as friendly as it was. Food was holding up, but my latest experience was not up to their previous level. It's OK, but we are no longer the enthusiastic supporters we were last year.

2  Thank realdesertfox
Reviewed May 4, 2018

My wife and I went for dinner tonight. The atmosphere was very nice. The service was fantastic. The food quality was excellent. We shared mussels. I had tenderloin tips served with excellent Philadelphia bread. My wife had a tavern salad, which was very good. We will recommend this to others.