“Unusual atmosphere, good food, perhaps a little pricey”

Cork & Cap Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 629 Restaurants in Lancaster
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2018

This location used to be a cork factory. The decor is dark similar to a cave feel. It's nice with a modern twist. Food is good, entrees are a la carte. I had a caprese salad. A little expensive at $15 but the menu said the tomatoes were local and they were very tasty. Also the burrata cheese was not too runny like some restaurants. I also got a scallop appetizer that had diver scallops. Also very tasty and perfectly caramelized. Service was good.

Jessica D, Manager at Cork & Cap Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you for the kind words and joining us at the cork. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018

This a truly remarkable place. Once a cork factory until I believe the 90's it offers a very unique dining experience . The menu has something for everyone.

I LOVE that you labeled this amazing review "A time in the past". It certainly does feel like that. We are delighted with this review and can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Accommodated family of five without issue. Had options for children. Friendly server. Complimented my overall experience while staying at the Cork Factory Hotel.

David, thank you for the awesome review.

We are very excited that your family had a great time here!

Can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

As much as I enjoyed my stay at the Cork Factory hotel I can't say the same about the restaurant. They try to do classic dishes with a twist but it doesn't work. My scallops were burnt and greassy on a pile of black beans and corn. The tuna had a weird sauce and vegs didn't go.
I see what they are trying to do but they're not hitting the mark. Maybe drop the unnecessary twist and stick to classic quality dishes .

Hello Oribie,

My name is Mikeldi and I am the Chef here at Cork and Cap Restaurant. I want to first thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It provides us with knowledge to better ourselves as a team and as individual chefs.

I sincerely apologize for your less than exceptional experience.

I hope you come back again soon to give us another try. Thanks again for writing this review.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

Nice decor and staff was friendly. Took my 9:00pm reservation but be careful because they really do shut things down around 10:00pm and after 9:00pm the service was slow. Food was fair and they add a few twists on certain things. The cheese app is wonderful and so was the chicken and waffle soup.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write this.

First, we are so glad you enjoyed your time here at the Cork. The decor is gorgeous and our staff is some of the friendliest guys and gals around.

With that being said, I do apologize that the service felt slow. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I am always trying to motivate the staff and make sure everyone who joins us leaves happy.

We hope to see you again soon!