“The Sampler Rocks”

Lancaster Brewing Company
Ranked #22 of 72 things to do in Lancaster
More attraction details
Owner description: We cook like we brew...craftsmanship and quality in every detail. From our housemade sausage and cured meats, to locally made cheeses, fresh dough, on-site garden, hand-cut fries and signature burger grind, there's no substitute for fresh, natural ingredients. Fortunate to be located in the heart of Lancaster County, among some of the richest farmland in the world, we're committed to fresh, local and sustainably grown products. Our menu changes often to take advantage of the seasons, and to utilize the fresh produce, dairy, poultry, cheeses and meats produced on the 5,300+ independent, family farms in Lancaster County. Our obsession for brewing great beer is matched by our passion for great, natural food, so we source our produce and meats from local Lancaster County farmers and prepare virtually everything on our menus from scratch. We smoke our pork, grind our sausage and hand-cut our fries.
North New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The Sampler Rocks”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Located near downtown Lancaster, parking is a bit tight (small parking lot on premises, a business lot across the street after business hours, or on the street itself), but the beer and food are worth it. Everything is cooked beautifully, great "beer food" so to speak. A word of warning - beware the sampler platter!! The first time we came, I expected the sampler to be maybe 5-7 5-oz glasses of beer, similar to what I had ordered at other breweries. This one is an actual TRAY with 11-13 5-oz glasses!!! And yes, at a mere 140 pounds, with the help of the food (and a few bathroom breaks), I did consume the entire tray by myself in about 2 hours. The Milk Stout is really interesting, and the mixture of Chocolate and Strawberry Wheat to create the Chocolate Covered Strawberry beer is excellent - I'd consider it a dessert beer. Lots of flavor at this place both from the beer and the food! It has now become a standard for our weekend trips to Lancaster County.

1 Thank TheSpaz

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A Great Brew-Pub”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Ok gang, put this place on your list of places to go when in Lancaster. Go to their web site. Parking is free across the street. The Kears Group, a local Greek family, has purchased this place, and turned it completely around. Great beers, great food. Old historic brick factory building, big timber ceilings, and great beers. Some nights are a lot of fun. All ages mix well.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Rick H
Eastern PA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“great food and beer!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I've eaten here many times and have never had a bad meal. The scallops with mushroom ravioli are fantastic ( I've heard it's the dish the chef is most proud of!).. You can't go wrong with any of the beer selections. Parking is a bear but I've never had a problem leaving my car on a side street

Visited December 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“The beer tasting was great!”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I went for dinner here because they had an interesting menu and the food did not disappoint. My favorite part of the night however was that my server did a beer tasting for me when he learned I was not really a fan of most beers and he wanted to teach me about the differences in beers. While he may not have converted me to a beer drinking, I learned a lot and his service was great!

Visited September 2011
Lancaster, PA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Good beer, okay food & service, nice building”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Casual environment where you can see some of the brewing equiptment. They carry their own lines of beer - I like the wimpier Strawberry Wheat & my husband liked the Milk Stoudt. Okay food & service, loud open rooms, not a romantic setting but still enjoyable for a laid-back night out.