“Exceptional Service”

Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Vinton, Virginia
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I was a guest at the Red Roof Inn in April. After I had returned home and a couple of days passed, I realized I had left the charger to my cellphone in my room. I immediately called the hotel and they assurred me they would check and let me know if they found it, which they did.
I sent a postage paid box to them and they mailed it to me. I sincerely appreciated their willingness to help me.

1 Thank Jean H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Easton
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My friend and I came to stay overnight because we were going on the wine and cheese train. The was very clean and nice. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Very prompt check in service and easy check out. For the price it was affordable and the rooms were nice and clean. We would definitely come back to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Jenniferjdutko
New Bern, NC
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is a decent, no-frills motel at a great price. Front desk clerks were always very nice and friendly. The motel is pet-friendly and there were dogs staying while we were there but we never heard or smelled them. Comfy bed, average breakfast, and convenient to shopping. However, the motel is right on 30 which means lots of traffic noise. We heard traffic all night long. Also, there is a Texas Roadhouse next door and lots of cars were whipping through the motel parking lot to get to the restaurant, which made for more traffic. The room looked fairly clean with new carpet. The bathroom floor had paint drips all over it and there was what looked like permanent mildew in the tub. The toilet had a large piece of broken ceramic glued back in place. So, the bathroom was not so nice. For the price, though, it was a decent motel. I'd rather stay off the main road next time so there won't be as much road noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the property, away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nbchica
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Hi NBChica,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! However, because we are a ranked hotel in Lancaster that cares about your guest experience and constantly updates all the items on daily basis. I have a couple questions about the bathroom. We recently renovated all of our bathrooms. If you can be so kind to give us more insight on these problems in making another guests experience perfect and including your future stay. We would really appreciate it if you could shed more light on the the bathroom.
We consider bathroom to be the most intimate part of person's life and it needs to be just perfect. So, I ask for your help. Please message me to discuss more.
We really appreciate all the other good comments you have given us, the staff works and lives through your motivation. We work harder as we get noticeable positive feedbacks.
Thank you again.
Yours in travel,

Dave Gandhi, GM
Parlin, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We have stayed at this motel several times during the years. It is convenient to shopping,attractions and restaurants. You can walk to the Texas Roadhouse(next door).
The staff is friendly and very helpful. This most recent stay we had trouble with the new flat screen TV and the manager addressed the issue himself. Thank you for another great stay. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ssr6sd
Oliver Springs, TN
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We made reservations here for a couple of weeks ago. We were coming into Lancaster for the theater and shopping. I expected it to be just "ok" & was even a little hesitant at making the reservations. We were really surprised at the Red Roof here. It was an extremely nice place to stay. John (who made the reservations when we called) told us we wouldn't be dissapointed, and we weren't. The rooms were clean, nice and very comfortable. The breakfast was more than we expected. The staff was great - very friendly and very helpful. We will definitely be staying here again in the future when we return!!

2 Thank Sandy D
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I came with a friend and the night manager was great. He was dealing with a bus driver and guests that made a mistake and he kept his cool the whole time even though the guests were rude. I was impressed. Te room smelled good and fresh and was very clean. I would stay here in a minute again and it is close to restaurants within walking distance.

2 Thank Ruth P
Saylorsburg
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We recently stayed at the Lancaster Red Roof Inn. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Even though it is right on Route 30, there was basically no noise from the traffic heard in the room. And it's pet-friendly!!!! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple