“An amazing wedding night dinner -- thank you!”
Review of The Belvedere Inn

The Belvedere Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Belvedere Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 657 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Lemon St.
Reviewed September 14, 2018

My bride and I had a surprise wedding on Sept. 9 that we shared with our 50 guests, and after the event, we shared our first dinner as a married couple here at The Belvedere Inn.
What a perfect choice!
I made our reservation a few weeks in advance and the manager was kind enough to put us in a cozy and romantic corner of the downstairs dining room by the fireplace. Then he arranged a complementary champagne toast for us as well as personalized printed "congratulations" notes on our table for both of us when we arrived.
The food was phenomenal.
I ordered the short ribs -- amazing, tender, so flavorful -- and served with asparagus and amazing mac and cheese. My wife ordered chicken piccata, which was outstanding and full of flavor.
I had the lobster bisque and grilled caesar salad, while she had a special soup that was delicious.
Our server was attentive and caring and everything was perfect.
We can't wait to return to this amazing restaurant and are already planning our anniversary dinner here next Sept. 9. :)
It may now be our "place" together in Lancaster, PA.
Thank you, Belvedere Inn, for a memorable and fabulous evening. :)

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank Todd W

Reviewed September 5, 2018

The Belvedere was recommended by Ann & Janice at the Kings Cottage B&B and they only send us to quality establishments and this one was no exception. Our meal and service was fantastic and we were fortunate to eat on the upper level open balcony with fine plantings throughout which definiely enhanced our vist. While the food was top quality in presentation and taste, the servers were senational. Henry gave us excellent recommendations on everything and was very open and accommodating which further improved our dining experience. We will return.

1  Thank rglg001
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We went here for the first time a few weeks ago, and everything was amazing. Food was delicious, service was great, value was great (even though it is a bit expensive, you get a lot for the price), and atmosphere is romantic. It's not a place where we could afford to go to regularly, but definitely a great place to go to on special occasions! And I can say that this was my favorite fine-dining experience in Lancaster, compared to various other restaurants.

1  Thank dmfnswm
Reviewed August 22, 2018

After spending the three days in Wilmington, Delaware we took the long way home so we could stop in Lancaster, PA. I hadn't been to the Belvedere Inn in a longtime, but it had been pleasant in the past.

We arrived for lunch and were seated in a room that was very full yet even though it was 12:30 PM. That should have been a hint.

Our waiter while friendly wasn't very interested in taking care of us and we waited over 20 minutes to place our order. I ordered a second glass of wine that I never got since the waiter ignored us completely after serving our lunch that we finally got.

I ordered the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich with cabbage slaw and the bun was so small on this sandwich that it all fell apart. And what was supposed to be cabbage slaw was Green Rice. This was not a good meal at all.

My husband ordered the Pasta Bolognese, which he said was too bad, but didn't seem to be seasoned enough. He stated "he had had better".

I'm sorry we went out of our way that day to go to Lancaster for lunch. We won' make this mistake ever again.

2  Thank Judith P
Reviewed August 17, 2018

We had an awful time finding parking for this restaurant but once inside we admired the interior and felt we were in for a treat. Make no bones about it this is a fine dining establishment. And while the food is quite good, there was a lot of confusion going on. Service was spotty, good when they attended you but then non existent for 10 or more minutes. Perhaps a little too busy for us.

Date of visit: June 2018