All reviews yogurt continental breakfast central market within walking distance two blocks convention center art galleries parking garage is heart of downtown an older hotel convenient location hard boiled eggs room was clean and comfortable enjoyed my stay great place to stay booked this hotel excellent stay
Reviewed March 23, 2018

We had to cancel our reservation which I went through a 3 party and I called the hotel.
due to the Blizzard we were experiencing at the time. We could not make the trip. I emailed the 3rd party and called and emailed the hotel and they still charged my credit card 3 times. I am disputing all charges. If they would have answered my emails or questions when I called this could have been avoided. As of now I am disputing all.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mia1471
Lori H, General Manager at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

We are truly sorry that you had this frustrating situation due to the snow storm. We checked our reservations and could not locate a reservation booked through a 3rd party with any notes about a cancellation due to the storm. Unfortunately, we did not receive your emails directly at the hotel.

We would like to get to the bottom of why your reservation wasn't cancelled due to the storm. There were a few other reservations that were cancelled or dates changed at no charge because of the weather. Please email me directly so I can get more information from you to research this. My email is gm@thehotellancaster.com.

I look forward to receiving your email. Thank you.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

We came around 10pm and were placed on a floor completely packed with attendees from a Mary Kay Convention. Women were shouting, laughing inside their rooms and in the hallways. There was one person working the desk the entire night. When I called to complain, he said he knew which group was responsible. I assumed he would do something about the situation. Over an hour later, I called to request a room change. We got put on another floor. Given this room was available, it seems like a serious lack of foresight to place unaffiliated guests on the same floor as convention attendees if they're not going to enforce silent hours. The staff did not apologize even though we had to get up around midnight to switch rooms in order to get enough rest for a funeral early the next morning. He only asked about our stay in the morning and offered to give us free parking ($10) in compensation for a terrible stay. Upon arriving home, I received a bill in which the parking fee is still on the bill. For nearly $200, this is simply an unacceptable experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lori H, General Manager at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

We apologize that you were disappointment with your recent stay. We strive very hard to exceed our Guests’ expectations and are disappointment when we do not meet this goal.
The night you stayed with us was a very busy night due to the Mary Kay Convention. Due to the number of convention attendees, it was difficult to place them all together. While we have a night auditor and security person working each night, the security person makes rounds and addresses noise complaints, it is sometimes hard to control. We apologize that you needed to relocate rooms.
We checked on your reservation and have confirmed that the parking fee has been removed from your charge. We believe what you were seeing was the pending authorization for the charge.
We wish to express our condolences and apologize that your stay with us was not more pleasant.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Our Friday check in for our three day stay was completed by a young lady who was as dour as Angela from "The Office." When we left our room on Sunday morning, we encountered the cleaning staff right outside our room. When we returned late Sunday afternoon, our room had not been made up: unmade bed, dirty towels and a full garbage can greeted us. When we left for dinner a short while later, I went to the front desk and mentioned it to a young man (who could have been Dwight Shroote from The Office). His first response was accusatory: "Well, did you have a do not disturb sign on the door?" instead of "I apologize sir. Let me see what I can do to correct that oversight?" When I mentioned that the cleaning staff was outside our door when we left, his only response was "Let me see what I can do." When we returned from dinner, nothing had been done. So while the room was adequate and the location was great, I would hesitate to return. Listen, I know that it isn't the Ritz Carlton. But it shouldn't be the Bates Motel, either.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you were not pleased with your recent stay.

We tried to locate your reservation to determine which room you stayed in so we could check our housekeeping daily records to determine why your room wasn't attended to but were unable to locate your reservation. I would appreciate if you would email me at gm@thehotellancaster.com with your room number.

While our Guest Services Team Member was trying to determine how our Housekeeping Team missed your room, we apologize if you felt it was accusatory.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again when you visit Lancaster.

Reviewed March 7, 2018

The staff is unprofessional and rude. I called 2 months ago to make a reservation. We are attending a dance competition at the Marriott. I gave the gentleman on the phone my group code. He took my info and I was booked.

Yesterday, I get a call from Gary Davidson. He tells me that I booked incorrectly and that he cancelled my reservation. WHAT?! allegedly I was supposed to go through some booking company and since I didn't THEY were in violation of some contract they had with someone and they cancelled my reservation. Well surely you can help me out here Gary and honor the rate and book my room another way. NO. Your room has been cancelled. OK, so that room is available. No. We already gave it away. He hung up on me.

I call back and ask for his boss. I'm told I need to speak to John Thomas. John is EVEN RUDER than Gary. He is downright nasty to me. He says that Gary is absolutely correct cancelling my room. I ask what am I supposed to do - there is no place for me to stay. Sorry. That's not my problem says John and proceeds to hang up. REALLY?

I call back and ask to speak to John's boss and get directed to Laurie Herr. SHE'S EVEN WORSE. So basically there are a handful of people that booked incorrectly and I am one of them. Room is cancelled. They gave it away. Good luck and all. I said as someone who has worked in customer service for over 20 years I know that there is always a way to fix things. Like maybe finding me a room and booking that room rate. She said well that's not going to happen. I have worked in customer service for a long time as well. Good luck finding a hotel.

How are these people even still employed? They OBVIOUSLY do not know how to treat people and ALSO do not know how to train their staff. The original person that I spoke to should have said to me "NO, I can't take your reservation - you need to call this phone number"

So seeing as this is how I was treated and I DIDN'T EVEN STAY IN THE HOTEL I would not recommend dealing with these people. They are inept and rude and can't even handle training their staff properly. If they would have, I wouldn't even be in this situation. I am a NYer and have NEVER been treated this rudely in my life. Do not bother with this hotel. Not worth the way you will be treated.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela G
Lori H, General Manager at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Thank you for your review pertaining to a future reservation at our hotel.

As our Sales Manager, Director of Sales and myself tried to explain to you when we spoke to you, we contracted with a third party for a block of rooms for the dance competition in April. Per the contract and the instructions given to the dance participants, all registrations need to go through the third party. When we realized that your rooms were booked incorrectly, we immediately contacted you to give you enough time to book another reservation. Our Sales Manager offered you information on another local hotel to contact. Because we honor our contractual agreements, we could not rebook your reservation here at our property.

We apologize if you felt you were treated rudely. We recognize your frustration but all three of us tried to professionally explain the situation to you and offer you another hotel to contact.

We wish you well with travel plans to Lancaster.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

The customer service at this hotel is top notch! Free WiFi, Free continental breakfast, free tea and coffee all day, nice staff. It’s not a luxury hotel but it’s clean and the rooms are nice. I almost forgot that hotels could have a “personal touch”. Every customer service person I came in contact with was extremely nice. This hotel is 6 blocks always from the convention center. Money well spent.

When I checked it, there was a woman with blonde hair and a gentleman with low cut black hair. I don’t remember their names but they were both very sociable and professional. They woman actually checked me in and made sure that I had a room with view. The guy made small talk. They were both pleasant employees. Also, there is a person who I believe is the manager that you see when you go in and out everyday. He usually where’s a white shirt.... he wants to make sure that everyone is enjoying their stay. Very nice guy as well. The only thing I didn’t like about my stay is that I could not hook my laptop up to the HDMI. It said that it was blocked. That’s a small and nominal inconvenience because I was able to view my presentation on my laptop screen. Overall excellent stay and excellent customer service. I felt a need to write this review because I wish more places had this level of service. I truly felt like an appreciated customer. Thanks to all of the staff!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Lori H, General Manager at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for your kind words about our top notch Guest service and clean rooms. Providing terrific Guest service is our priority so we are pleased when we meet that expectation. We will be sure and share your kudos with our Team Members.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope you will return to visit us again soon!