All reviews starbucks coffee front desk an industrial park breakfast buffet amish country hotel is located sofa bed business trip dutch wonderland i highly recommend this hotel king room other hotels in the area fridge and microwave lobby area nice stay convenient location hershey park
Reviewed September 17, 2018

My family and I just spent the weekend at this hotel. True to most Courtyard properties, it was nicely appointed, clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous.

We had a queen/queen room that also had a sofa-bed. Being that we had our children, one boy, and one girl, with us, the Front Desk Clerk was nice enough to let us know at check-in that there was a sofa bed, and she let us know where all the sheets and bedding were in the room. I thought that was a very nice touch, and we did wind up using the extra bed.

The room was very clean and nicely maintained, in the usual Courtyard fashion. It was spacious enough for the 4 of us, even with the sofa bed open. If there was a negative, it was that I felt the bed and pillows were bit soft. This, of course, is subjective, but I felt both were coming to the end of their lifespans.

The hotel has a bar and a small eatery, that offers menu items for breakfast as well as a breakfast buffet, which is $11.95. The menu items we ordered were very tasty and filling. The buffet is essentially what you would get at a Fairfield Inn or Springfield Suites for free. It is eggs, pancakes or french toast, a couple kinds of meats, cereal, donuts, bagels and a few additional items. My wife ordered it our first morning and said it was very tasty. We did not eat there for lunch or dinner, so I don't have any insight there.

The pool is very small, so there is no real "swimming". It's more of a splash or floating around pool. The area was nicely maintained overall though.

If I could add anything to the hotel that would have enhanced our stay, it would be a fire pit in the back. There is a very small but nice courtyard area that is just lacking that extra "something" that would have made us want to hang out there, and a fire pit would have done it for us.

The hotel is in the middle of an industrial park, so there is nothing within walking distance. Any restaurants and entertainment in the region you will have to drive to, but being right off of Rt. .30, between Hershey and Lancaster, makes it a nice place to lay your head at night, after you have been out and about all day.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear Jersian,
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad your family enjoyed the extra space of the extended queen room and breakfast was enjoyed by your family. It is interesting you mention the fire pit as well will be adding one to the courtyard area during our renovation at the end of 2019. I agree that it will add some fun to the beautiful outdoor space. We appreciate you choosing our hotel to accommodate your family and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I blocked rooms at this hotel for my wedding and I'm so glad that I did. The staff was so helpful and great with communicating with me in the months and days leading up to the wedding weekend. Our suite offered plenty of room for getting ready on the morning of the wedding and it was great to have all of our friends and family in one location. We were able to use the outdoor area to hang out when we got back from our venue and everyone enjoyed breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Mallory H,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the visitors of TripAdvisor. We are hosts to over 100 wedding blocks each year and our hotel is a great place for your friends and family to stay during your big celebration. I am pleased to hear that the set up of your guest room met your needs and you enjoyed breakfast on your first morning as a married couple. We wish you both the best and look forward to an anniversary visit in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was very nice and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and nice no matter what I needed. The location is just off the highway but was quiet and the view from the upper floors was beautiful.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Dear brandyburzynski,
Thank you for sharing you review on TripAdvisor. Our staff takes a lot of pride in being helpful no matter what the request is. No ask is too great or too small for us to entertain. Our location is one of the things that sets us apart from other hotels in Lancaster. We sit in a quiet corporate park with activity trails and ponds within walking distance. You also have a great view of the farm land from the upper floors as you mentioned. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back to Lancaster.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Year two at the Marriott Courtyard in Lancaster. Very easy to get to and lots of parking. Our room was nice and cold and clean.
We were at Dutch Wonderland all day so by 6:30 we were beat. We decided not to go anywhere with the two young kids and just eat at the Bistro. We were the only ones there. They took good care of us. Made food for the kids. My daughter and I had special drinks.
It was easy good and the kids were comfortable. We decided to go in the pool. The chlorine smell for me was over powering but i stayed so my grandson could swim.
The hot tub was dangerously hot so we skipped that.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Hockeymomgg,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. The Courtyard is a great place to stay when visiting Dutch Wonderland since we are only 3 miles away but located outside of the high traffic strip of route 30. We use a salt system in our pool to avoid adding chlorine directly to it and we keep the hot tub at the normal temperature of 101 degrees. I am pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy the Bistro as well. It is a great option for something in-house if you can't make it out to any one of Lancaster's great restaurants. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We held a meeting for a large group and extremely happy with the facilities, food, and wifi supplied by the hotel. A large number of attendees stayed at the hotel which was very convenient! The meeting facilities were great, projector, screen, flip charts, markers, all supplied! I highly recommend this hotel for future gatherings.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Kimberly P,
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that our meeting room and catering options met your needs. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to hosting you again in the future.