“Fantastic!!”

Price range: US$23 - US$45
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Went here while we were in Lancaster to celebrate my 50th birthday. The food was out of this world. I had the salmon, hubby had the sea bass. Both dishes and the sides were absolutely delicious. The service was ok, not the most attentive server, but not the worst.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed June 26, 2018

We eat in the dining room or bar here. My boyfriend usually orders from the dining room menu but I can't get pass the bar menu choice of filet with blue cheese. The snapper soup is awesome as well. The service is always top notch. Hunter is especially nice.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank EdnaJoyMeredith
Reviewed June 7, 2018

My first impression on walking in the door (after my eyes got adjusted to the dark interior) is you are disappointed when you don’t see Mrs Robinson seated at the bar, legs crossed and wearing a leopard print skirt, seductively eyeing you up and down. Welcome, this is old school country club chic. Mercedes Benz country circa 1966. Which is more than fine with me, I'm nostalgic and drove my classic SL500 tonight. We were here for a financial meeting with the draw of a free meal - talking money with good food works for me. Most of our table got the crab cakes which were maybe the best I ever had. Huge chunks of lump crab and almost no filler. Very nice. One thing I noticed is that one of the laws of physics are suspended here. Heat rises, cold air sinks .... but not here. We were on the 2nd floor and everyone was freezing for an hour when I realized nothing was going to change so I went downstairs looking to get the air turned off, which they promptly did. BUT downstairs it was hot, about a 10 degree difference from upstairs. The heat didn’t rise up the steps and the cold air didn’t sink. They need to re-balance the HVAC system. We had a good time and meal but I HIGHLY advise you to make reservations and also to read past reviews for a few years as it appears the Stockyard Inn experience is hit or miss. ….I'll be back hoping to see Mrs Robinson.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

I always forget which President of the United States used to own this place, but my wife and I enjoyed this restaurant again. Our waiter, Angel, was "Johnny-on-the-spot" from the time we were seated! This place is a great venue to relax and dine. The food is extremely good. We enjoyed the French Onion Soup and Salad - and probably should have stopped there, but... My wife ordered one of the specials - veal with crab and it was delicious. I devoured a very tender and delicious Prime Rib - which was the reason we returned here after being away from Lancaster for so long. The last time we ate here we both enjoyed one of the special entrees and as we finished our meal we saw someone with the Prime Rib - so we had to come back!!! Unfortunately, there was one hiccup, as an additional appetizer we had ordered Clams Casino - the clams were tough & chewy, but FORTUNATELY the Manager took the charge off our bill. We will indeed return.

Date of visit: May 2018
steaks1147, Owner at Stockyard Inn Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Thank you, Mick, for taking the time to write such a nice review about the Stockyard Inn. We are so glad Angel was able to make your experience so enjoyable. You're right, he is always at hand whenever needed. Before the Stockyard Inn became the restaurant it is known as today, President James Buchannan purchased the farmhouse in 1856 and held it while still serving as President of the United States from 1856-1864. The team at the Stockyard Inn is thrilled you had such a wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

We went here for our Anniversary and it was excellent! Matthew, our server, was amazing! Great steaks!

Date of visit: May 2018