“Quaint stone house on the river”

Conestoga Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 650 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious. I purposely picked this place for having an outdoor area overlooking the river. While you can overlook the river, you have to do so standing up. Please trim the hedges so patrons can enjoy the view while being seated!! Other than that the place was great!

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

I found this place by sheer looks. An old stone building and a good sign. I'm happy I went in. I give it a 4 star rating but based on food, price ratio and staff friendliness.
This is not a place for atmosphere unless you like sitting outside overlooking a waterway. If you are in Lancaster there are lots of average choices at best so give this place a shot. I'll go back again.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

We were a group of four, two couples and were seated quickly on the deck. We got a table next to a large part, bridal shower maybe, and asked to be moved when a table right next to the river opened up. We ordered only water and ice tea and got our drinks quickly. Our food order took at least 40 minutes to arrive, and when it arrived it was wrong. The gyro's had onions although we asked them to hold them, they forgot to add the chips, the steak salad was served as a greek salad with steak although we did not request it. One of the 4 orders was delivered correctly. Then the waitress didn't show up again for 20 minutes, and when she did she was not helpful at all. She took our plates with the side salads to go and get our gyros but then she returned without our salads, and still without the chips. Our drinks were not refilled for at least an hour and a half. I asked to speak to the manager, she resolved the issues by taking 15% off our check. Then we had to wait another 20 minutes for the check to arrive. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. The manager did apologize and said that her entire staff was new. Sounds like they need more training.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

After looking all over Lancaster for a pet -friendly place to eat on a Sunday night, we still struck out with the Conestoga restaurant, We were the only folks on the patio but no go. The patio does have a lovely garden area and a great view of the River.
Hubby had an excellent All-American burger served with fries. I had a Greek Salad with a side of spanakopita (Greek Spinach pie). I think the salad could have been bigger, or at least come with some bread.
Our server, Bailey, was very charming and aimed to please.
Wine was a bit pricey and glasses were recently washed, so served in a warm glass.
I am giving the place an average rating because I think it could do so much better....

Reviewed May 18, 2017

We wanted a quick meal and as this was close to our Inn decided to go there. We had no great expectations just looking for a decent plate of food. What we received was above expectations. We sat outside on a large terrace overlooking the river and had simple but good quality food at a reasonable price. The server was good, knew his menu, and also the extensive list of beers they sell. When we were there the restaurant was full inside as they were holding a gourmet dinner with different wines with each course. Despite how busy it was our food came out quick and was served with a smile. Can't say fairer than that.

3  Thank JandJ71