“World-Class French Restaurant in Amish Country”

Bistro Barberet & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Barberet & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 20 Dessert in Lancaster
Reviewed April 22, 2017

I visited Bistro Barberet & Bakery not long after it opened. The chef who owns it used to be the executive chef at Le Bec-Fin, which was a famous French restaurant in Philadelphia that my husband and I visited years ago. Bistro is gorgeous, and when you walk inside, you would think you're in New York City. The menu isn't "too French" for people who are worried about eating outside their comfort zone, but there are adventurous dishes as well. My friend and I loved our food, and we took home some goodies from the bakery. Locals might feel that it's a little expensive, but if you're looking to celebrate or have a special meal, Bistro will fit the bill.

2  Thank Nancy929

Reviewed April 10, 2017

We just went in to the bakery. Everything was so beautiful to look at. The little round macarons ( lemon and maybe blackberry ) that I tried were so yummy and fresh. I really enjoyed them, I like the lattes as well. Very enjoyable. The staff was very kind and helpful.

1  Thank TeriF212
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Excellent bakery goods--works of Art! The $18 express lunch is a good value; you get soup, entree, bread and a dessert from the bakery! French Bistro atmosphere and French waiters are charming also. You feel like you're in a French cafe.

1  Thank Maryanne L
Reviewed March 26, 2017

Presentation is phenomenal. This is a unique experience and is worth a stop. Food is almost too nice to eat. Prices can be hard on your wallet and is the only reason we didn't give it 5 stars.

1  Thank NittanyLi0nFan
Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

A gem in Lancaster county ...Amazing meal, ambience, cocktails & desserts. Am I in France? Yes.....my new favorite dining spot.

1  Thank Charles D