“Good for a stop over, not for a week”

Rodeway Inn Amish Country
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
“Good for a stop over, not for a week”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I just needed place to spend the night so I didn't want to spend a lot of money. This was just fine for that. The room was very sparse, but the wifi worked great. The property is old and it was as clean as a property that old could be. I thought my bathroom wasn't clean at first. But upon closer inspection, it was just a bad caulking job.
It was quiet. The breakfast was what you'd expect for a cold continental breakfast: bagels, pastries, cereal. The front desk wasn't overly friendly, but they weren't rude either.
I would recommend this hotel as an adequate safe place to spend the night on your travels. If you want a nice pretty room that you're spending more time in, then spend the money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Kh21804

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Needed to stop over in Lancester and started to look at the motels available. This one came up first for $50 plus tax.

When we got there the person at the counter was pleasant and helpful. We filled out the forms and got our key and basically didnt need reception again.

The wifi worked well, the room was clean and tidy, with the bathroom being clean with soap and shampoo. There was no noise in the room.

All in all good value for money not far from the town centre and ideally situation for the amish area

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BA001
South Seaville, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Great rooms and priced staff eexceptinal. Convient to outlets.

• Stayed August 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My wife & I wanted to get away and use my points for a free night. It was a stay from hell. Hair all over the sink, shower / tub, carpets had not been vacuumed in months. The bed linens were worn, thin, torn. I hate to say it but this place was a DUMP. I would not recomend this place to anyone unless it is shut down and rentovated. Do not stay here. Great location. Do not beleive the photo on thier web site, very old.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marinemike63
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Don't waste your money. I was horrified when i got there. Dirty, spider webs all over, and the room smells like a mix of mold and cigarette smoke. I told the front desk i wouldnt let my dog sleep there and she informed me it was newly remodeled... I took pictures for my credit card company and put a stop on the charge. It look nothing like the pics on the website....

Do Not Stay or you will be SORRY.... trust me, I tried to save a few bucks and was sorry I did...... there are several motels on the strip and we stayed at one of them...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia C
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My son and I stayed here and it was terrible. The lobby smelled like mold, the hallways just smelled, there was peeling wallpaper in the room, and the tub was so bad I would even shower in it. The wall-mounted AC unit barely worked even at maximum. There was sticky stuff on the table near the TV. As noted by a previous reviewer, an extremely nasty elderly lady worked the front desk (which is frequently unmanned) and demanded to see our room key TO GET A BUCKET OF ICE. They have a ton of nerve charging $74 (with tax) for a room in this place. There is no way that any legitimate reviewer would rate this place as clean and well run with a friendly staff--it is none of these.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Buffy1958
MD
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This place is good for a short stay. We recently stayed here during the 1st weekend of August for 3 nights. We stayed in rm 48. The room was clean, fresh smelling and free of bugs of any kind. The towels and bed linens were thin but clean. The rooms are small but we only go to Lancaster to shop so we are not in the room except to sleep. The staff is always friendly and helpful, especially if we have a problem We have been staying at this particular property for close to 10 yrs. and will continue to do so. The location is convenient to anything you want to do.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family