All reviews cold breakfast night clerk amish country older hotel restaurants within walking distance clean rooms enjoyed my stay would stay here again bed was comfortable checking in great place to stay
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We chose this location because of previous reviews. It was exactly as described. Clean room and friendly staff. Not fancy at all. The price was excellent. It was nice to sit outside our door in the cool night. We asked about a breakfast location. He told us a spot that’s closed on Sunday but we found Gus’s which was fabulous.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon A
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We offer clean, comfortable rooms for our guests at a reasonable price. I agree it is not fancy BUT it is home away from home to enjoy the surrounds that GOD gave us the sky, the earth and peace, but what all else do you need but that. Yes all of our other guests enjoy that cool evening outside of their rooms. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next journey that brings you back to our area.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

I have to agree with others that the hotel does not have much in the way of "curb appeal". It does appear that the place isn't even open. The closed restaurant that is attached to the building has peeling paint on the sign, the parking lot is not well kept and the building in general is badly in need of a face lift. We stayed in room 37 for one night. While the room was clean and the bed comfortable, the room and furnishings were dated. The diverter valve in the tub was stuck "on" for the shower so you had instant-on shower whether you wanted it or not. And the entire tub/shower valve was loose in the wall and moved back and forth. The towels were the standard, thin, "cleaned in hot water too many times and somewhat rough" type. We had an early departure so we did not have the morning breakfast so I can't comment on that. It was not the worst hotel room but it certainly wasn't the best. I'm not a hotel snob & can overlook dated items in a room but I've stayed in much nicer hotels for the same price I paid here ($95). On a scale of 5 I would give the cleanliness factor a 4......but the rest of the place would only get 2.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. Allow me to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We had flowers and trees before and the guests didn't like them. Guests says to put bushes around the place to put greenery so it doesn't look plain. Not all guests have the same landscaping eye but we do listen to our guests when they talk to us. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior services and accommodations on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed June 14, 2018

We were a little surprised at the condition of the building exterior at this hotel. The interior was not much better. Everything seemed to be dated sometime in the last century.
The grounds was just plain Jane with no care given to the plants or bushes or grass. The swimming pool looked like it hadn't been used in years. The hallways were not air conditioned and the windows to the outside were left open 24/7. Our room was plain jane with a tv from the 90's. Room seend to be clean and the bed was ok.
Breakfast was a disaster. Nothing hot or even warm. Bagels and muffins were all stale and coffee was made to order from a coffee machine from the 90's. Very bad.
Only good was the price compared to all the others along the strip. Not a good deal at 90.00 night. Will stay elsewhere next time. We visit area couple times a year.

Room tip: If you want cheap, this is the place.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. Yes I agree we are plain jane BUT people like it, it makes it home away from home to relax and enjoy the Amish Community which is also Plain Jane Amish Community. Our grass people come in once a week to cut the grass and trim. Our pool is being use by the guests that stays here when they come back from sightseeing at the late afternoon. I will check into the breakfast items being stale, I will let the coffee company that takes care of the machines know that the machine are from the 90's. We have a sign saying that we have a cold continental breakfast on the counter when you check in and also the desk clerks do tell our guests that it is a cold continental breakfast when we hand the keys to the guests. Yes the price is a good price that we offer to our guests. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Looks really bad from the outside - so much so that we thought it was closed. Hard to keep such an old place clean. Thin walls. Night person wasn't very friendly and had poor hygiene, but morning person was friendly and helpful. Heater smelled so bad my wife just wore her jacket to bed. It's doable, but you should know what you're in for...

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dorsalmo
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. We have guests but they were site seeing or going to theaters, or Amish restaurants. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lancaster.
Thank You.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

Based on a one- night stay, I'd say the best feature of our King non-smoking room was the very comfortable bed. About everything else was sub-par. The first floor room was clean and quiet, despite being next to the lobby. Furnishings were sparse, lacking bedside stands on both sides of the bed, adequate lighting (although a floor lamp could be moved from near a desk and swivel chair to bedside if you wanted to read in bed), and an alarm clock or clock radio. The small refrigerator was iced up and didn't cool well unless turned to minimum setting. The TV is an ancient tube model and lacks the normally expected hdmi or usb ports found on modern LCD TVs. We didn't bother to turn it on.

The "free cold continental breakfast" wasn't bad. Fairly mild coffee (despite using the "BOLD" setting and hot water for tea or cocoa are available at the push of a button as are apple or orange "juice" (I assume from concentrate). You can fix hot oatmeal or toast bagels and English muffins for a not-cold breakfast. And several varieties of pastry, coffee cake or sweet muffins are in drawers for you choice. Some guests chose to eat in the now-close bar/restaurant space adjacent the lobby, but we ate in our room.

This stay resulted from a last-minute chance to see a show at the nearby American Music Theatre, so I didn't have much time to research budget motels, but I didn't want to pay over $100 for a one-night stay. As a consequence, the room cost was disputable. Advertised online for as low as $53, we were telephone-quoted $69 per night when I called the motel and was told that the online price was wrong. Actual bill on checkout was $67.50 for the room and another $7.50 for taxes, which were not disclosed during the phone call. Not a big deal, but I'd be happier with clear, honest, above-board pricing.

I can say the the older lady who checked us in was wonderful. Helpful in every way, she even went (despite having to use a walker to get around) to the hidden ice machine and brought me a bucket of ice. The next morning, she had gone off-duty, of course, and no one was in the office when I went to check out. After waiting 5-10 minutes, I went back to the room and called the front desk, assuming a paging system would get someone's attention. No such luck. Ten minutes later, as I was heading out the front door to go search for someone, a guy in jeans and a sweatshirt showed up and admitted he was "in charge." NO ONE ELSE WAS ON DUTY?! Really?

Would I come back? Maybe, if I didn't find something that looked better, which probably wouldn't be hard to do.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank RTGNoVA
BrendaMaywhort, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your valued business. I am so glad you like her she is very nice to all of our guests. I will check into about the desk clerk not being at his desk and having you wait that long to check out. Again, I am so sorry. Yes it is a cold continental breakfast and some people prefer to eat in their rooms and some at the seating area. I will check into the pricing that you mention about. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Lancaster, Pa.