“Not your routine fast food joint”
Review of Zio Gio

Zio Gio
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Levittown
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: There are two rules for Authentic Italian Street Food. It's got to be fast. And it's got to be delicious. Zio Gio is genuine South Philly. It's where we learned from the masters, the original hoagie shops and Italian Market street vendors. Now we're bringing that experience from the streets to you. Authentic cheesesteaks, meatballs, roasted chicken & pork, sauces, and sides. Even old-time gelato. All made fresh with quality ingredients and served fast - either at the counter or our convenient drive-thru.
Reviewed January 13, 2015

I'm considered a food snob by my acquaintances and rarely do my wife and I venture outside our preferred list of neighborhood eateries. But let me inform you on the quite quant surprise awaiting us at this particular establishment. We were approaching the door when one of their employees who was straightening the seating noticed our approach. This young lady actually opened the door for us and welcomed us in. I immediately thought of the reasons me and my wife removed fast food restaurants from our itenary, and it was mostly due to the bad service and attitudes we perceived at each and every occasion we went out. The glassy eyed and nonchalant if not uncaring attitudes of the young people employed at these types of places are a complete turn off for us. Teara (the young lady greeting us) opened the door for us, welcomed us with a genuine smile and seated us by the window. We inquired about the menu and she recommended the pulled pork, and/or the cheese steak and fries. We ordered both of those along with a wrap (eggplant) and were pleasantly surprised with the timely manner that the food was prepared iand served. The Fries are delicious as was everything we ordered. Kudos to the owners in their innovative approach to providing excellent Italian cuisine (I hate to use the term fast food) in a timely manner. We will be coming back to taste the rest of the menu for sure. Thank you for the excellent experience in a one of a kind restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed January 6, 2015

We were excited for this new restaurant to open so we could try it. We had a small gathering at our home and decided to order from there. The guys went inside since we had a large order. The food was flavorful and the portions were good. The only complaint that we had was that they didn't label our items correctly and our order was not correct. We ended up with the right amount of sandwiches but 2 of the 7 were wrong. We switched and it worked out, but that left us with a not so great experience. Would consider ordering again on a smaller scale.

Date of visit: January 2015
CarolynNasuti, Owner at Zio Gio, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2015

Thank you for coming to visit Zio Gio! We're glad that you enjoyed the taste of your food, but disappointed that we mixed up your sandwiches. Please reach out to us at social@ziogio.com so we can address the issue with our team and make it right for you. We hope to see you at Zio Gio again soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2015 via mobile

I have eaten here several times since they opened. So far it was all of excellent quality. There's now no longer a reason for me to drive to south Philly

2  Thank 5magics
Reviewed December 30, 2014

This new concept hits it out of the park. The food was fantastic and quick. We ate inside but we watched the drive through and it was moving impressively fast. Hard to believe you could have such great food so fast. I hope they open a location closer to chester county. We had a cheesesteak zinini and regular cheesesteak and fries. All were great - next time chicken. A really good cheesesteak, fries and soda for under $10. Will be back as soon as possible.

Date of visit: December 2014
2  Thank peter o o
Reviewed December 20, 2014

Fast food with First class food. I still can not believe it. They sell all quality sandwiches! Steak, pork, meatball,Chicken Parm, Roasted chicken, Zinini as described part wrap part panini and totally delicious and my wife would agree she loved it. I had the Chicken Parm and Meatballs and the 9th street fries. I men to tell GREAT!!!!!!! The food is all home made from family recipes. The bread is freshly baked and the food is freshly cooked. But what is so amazing is the speed at which they get your order together faster then any fast food place ever and 000 times better. The service was great and the place is clean. They have counter service and a drive-thru. They also have seats and tables. You can get a combo a sandwich fries and soda (free refills for under $10. And you are fill when done. They also have Italian dessert if you can possibly eat any more. Bonus we got to sit down with Zio Gio Italian for Uncle John great guy. All I can say is they brouth South Philly north and done it well! Defiantly my new go to place. Good for anytime eating. ziogio.com/#aboutdwiches!

Date of visit: December 2014