“So delicious!”

Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: There are two rules for Authentic Italian Street Food. It's got to be fast. And it's got to be delicious. Zio Gio is genuine South Philly. It's where we learned from the masters, the original hoagie shops and Italian Market street vendors. Now we're bringing that experience from the streets to you. Authentic cheesesteaks, meatballs, roasted chicken & pork, sauces, and sides. Even old-time gelato. All made fresh with quality ingredients and served fast - either at the counter or our convenient drive-thru.
Reviewed October 1, 2017

It's a travesty to refer to Zio Gio's as a 'fast food' restaurant. In appearance, it looks like one (you walk up to the counter and order); however, the food is absolutely delicious and definitely home made. I had the Italian roast pork sandwich with extra sharp provolone and spinach. Excellent. The owner had us sample the meatballs and they melted in your mouth. They even have home made desserts--cannoli dip and chips, miniature pastry puffs with raspberry or pumpkin drizzle to mention a few.

Make it a point to stop by. You won't be disappointed; but, if it's not on your regular route to and from work, check out their catering menu for your next event!

Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Your meal comes quickly here, but is nothing like fast food at all. Everything on the menu is homemade. The menu is varied, but Italian in flavor. My husband and I both enjoyed slider sandwiches - one a roasted pork with provolone and the other a meatball. We also had these terrific seasoned French fries. To top it all, for dessert they make cinnamon and powdered sugar zeppoli. They were running a special that was $5.00 for two sliders, fries, beverage and zeppoli. My husband and I each had a box and spent $10.60 for a dinner that was really tasty. They run specials all the time. We are going to check it out next week again.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

Best fast food ever. I hate to even call it fast food. It is homemade food served quickly. it is by far my favorite casual restaurant. And soon they will have pizza!!!! You need to go there now. If the owner is there he will greet you one of the nicest men I have ever meet in my life. And the whole staff is nice and very service oriented.

Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

Great food as usual.. smells so good in here all the time. Hopefully they stay here for a long time. Will be back soon

Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

When a place makes their own meatballs and offers a cannoli chip and dip dessert it's something to try. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable.