“Good service, but somewhat shabby for the price”

All Suites Inn Budget Host
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Pros

1) Owner and staff were nice.

2) Suite was quiet and was a good size with a front living room, rear bedroom, bathroom and full kitchen. Furniture was comfy. TV and Wifi worked well.

3) Good access to Lewisburg and neighboring areas -- Shikellamy State Park and the Sunbury/Northumberland/Selinsgrove area

Cons

1) Deadbolt on front door did not work. This was the biggest problem for me. The bolt missed the strike plate by about 1/8 inch so could not extend into the frame. It could probably be fixed with a few minutes of filing the strike plate but I didn't have my tools with me. Also, the outside latch handle on the front door seemed flimsy, as if it could have been broken open by a good hard twist.

2) AC unit in rear bedroom did not work. Fortunately the front unit was able to more or less cool the whole suite, though it took a few hours.

3) Bathroom door lock did not work and the door was damaged. It looked as if a beaver had chewed on the entire lower edge of the door under the latch.

4) The sofa bed had a broken spring that fell off when we opened it.

5) The outside stairs and elevated walkway leading to the room were made with some weird creaky wobbly plastic floor boards. It seemed as though they decided that regular decking lumber was too expensive, so instead they used some kind of hollow PVC treads. I found myself walking in the middle of the stairs because I could see there was a support runner there (and I am not overweight).

6) The "Goober" restaurant advertised on the same road sign with the hotel was closed/nonexistent.

In all, somewhat disappointing considering the cost of about $125 per night. I'll probably have to look elsewhere for my next visit to this region.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 June 2017

All the rooms have a full size stove and refrigerator. Was perfect for eat in breakfast and doggy bag from one of many quality eateries nearby. Room was clean and smoke free. No pool hot tub and a tremendous value. Highly recommend for low price, cleanliness friendliness.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017

When we checked in the air conditioning wasn't working, so we opened the window. The window screen was bent and torn so it would let in bugs. The light switch at the door did not work, so you walked into a dark room. The lock on the door was impossible to work, despite several tries and the staff showing us how to work it. We checked out immediately and they "processed" a refund. When we found that the room charge had gone through, but not the refund, we had to contact our credit card company. They intervened and the place finally processed our refund. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: This is an inexpensive 50's style motel. We didn't expect much, but it was poorly maintained...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I and two teenage boys stayed here, brought my daughter back to Bucknell from Spring break. Had enough room for four of us to hang out and eat dinner. The kitchenette is great. We brought our George Foreman grill with us to cook burgers. Ability to cook is a great money saver. Beds are fairly comfortable. The decor is somewhat dated but the room was clean. The owners are very nice. This is our go-to place when we are here for trips to Bucknell.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2016

You could easily stay here on holiday for a week - it's not just a motel room, it's an apartment.
It has sitting/dining/kitchen area, separate bedroom with lots of storage space, and clean bright bathroom.
Woman who checked us in was cheerful and friendly.
It was not at all overpriced

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Great rooms. The rooms are very large and clean. We were not expecting the rooms to be so nice and so spacious. Without a doubt it's a no frills hotel, but the room price is good are a great bargain. The hotel is also right down the road from Bucknell. You won't get breakfast but Perkins is close by. Actually, no breakfast is better than some of the continental breakfasts I've had in other hotels. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Stay here! All I wanted was a clean room. I am still a smoker or a smoker again whatever and thought about Days Inn as I knew they had smoking rooms but I read a review about how clean this place was so I took a shot and no joke clean and impressive. Friendly and helpful. Do not hesitate stay here. Did I mention it cost me only 80 for the night?

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
0.2 km away
11.4 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in New Columbia

Been to All Suites Inn Budget Host? Share your experiences!