Open today: 10:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Wonderful Park of Bygone Years...

Reviewed January 17, 2020
Eva C
New Britain, Connecticut
Beautiful venue for Shows

Reviewed December 5, 2019
Ralph N
Latrobe, Pennsylvania

All reviews storybook forest daniel tiger water park amusement park wave pool lazy river nice park rollo coaster laurel highlands idyllwild ride picnic passes kiddieland excitement
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2020 via mobile

Park is for kids. When I have visited the park several times the rides/food/games are never will open.
Summer of 2019 I think lazy river was open 1 out of 3 times I was there.
If it rains the park here flooded and water lays.
Nice park for kids. Water park is nice. Free parking. Take your own food
Bathrooms need upgraded.

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank Wanderer01152267449
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Wonderful amusement park to take kids without all the crazy and wild amusement park rides. Seemed well maintained and located in a beautiful wooded area. Variety of rides plus water park. Can picnic there as well.

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Eva C
Jeff C, Marketing Director at Idlewild & SoakZone, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2020

Thank you for visiting with us and for taking the time to leave your recent review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and do hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again soon. We are working on several new projects that will take place over the next few years that will continue to improve the guest experience, and can't wait to make more memories with you! Thanks again!

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Actually first visit ever in September. Went on a bonus weekend (9/29) before Halloboo. The park was decorated and about ready to go. Only a handful of games open, but all retail, most of the larger food areas, and just about every ride was running. And a decent crowd on hand. Absolutely warm weather keeps everyone in a great mood.

Leaves were starting to change, and this makes a perfect drive into the Laurel Highlands. This was my first visit for 2 nephews,, 4 and 6, and my 2 year old neice. They absolutely loved the large kiddieland and different ride selection then Kennywood (they have passes there). Did not make Storybook Forest due to the 6pm close, but they didn't miss it either so next visit will be like a new one. Their excitement built as we pulled into the park and parked in the lot behind the office right next to the Rollo Coaster and they got to see the train roar by.

I was able to ride the train and the Wild Mouse. What a great job they did with the new cars and paint job. This is not a kids ride, its a big kid ride thats still about the best mouse of the house against other parks. No real lines for the food stands, and second visit this year and the new sandwich and dingos location closed. Any made to order item has to be good. This is absolutey a great weekend to visit. Weather is great, crowds are not too bad, and plenty to do.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank sam280_
Jeff C, Marketing Director at Idlewild & SoakZone, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Thank you for visiting with us and for providing your review. It makes us smile knowing that you enjoyed a wonderful day with the family. We can't wait to entertain you and your niece, nephews and other family members again in the near future. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 6, 2019

The grandsons enjoyed the water park and kiddyland. the park over the last few years has not been kept up to the waty it used to be.

Date of experience: June 2019
Jeff C, Marketing Director at Idlewild & SoakZone, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2019

Thank you for visiting with us, and we are glad to hear that your grandsons enjoyed the day. What a great experience to create wonderful memories with them by simply spending time with them in a fun atmosphere and doing things that make them smile. That's what I love about family, and what I love about working at a fun place like Idlewild & SoakZone. Our small team works very hard to deliver those family-fun moments and wonderful memories, and we will continue to work hard to improve the guest experience where we can. We hope to provide many more updates and new things to do in the coming years, and hope that you will share them with your grandchildren. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 26, 2019

I live in the laurel highlands and have been to the park many times over 40 years. We were last there in 2019. The state of the park is truly sad. Maintenance seems to be at an all time low as bathrooms, garbage cans and park exteriors were in sad shape. In previous comments from people posting the same and receiving replies from the "Marketing Director", that "only three rides" were not operational, these rides were some of the premier rides. The wild mouse, the spider, the round up. Also, they had some water slides not running for part of the day. Many of the midway game booths were not open contrary to what the Marketing Directory stated in replies. Obviously from Idlewild's stand point that the influx of unhappy patrons comments recently must be wrong and the value is still worth the $50 ticket. Reply all you want "Marketing Director". I am sure you know the state of affairs for Idelwild is in dire need of care, love, investment and value to your customers. I took family friends that we're visiting to Idlewild as it use to offer a wonderful experience for family. I don't work there, but I was embarrassed for recommending we go there.
I understand that the park change ownership as well as past legal litigation issues, but I would recommend for the price, cost and overall experience, take your family elsewhere.

Date of experience: August 2019
Jeff C, Marketing Director at Idlewild & SoakZone, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2019

Thank you for visiting with us and for providing your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your visit. My name is Jeff. I don't believe I ever said anyone was wrong for any opinion that they have regarding their experience, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. Our small team works very hard to deliver fun times to families with the operating assets we are given, and we will continue to do so. I do understand that some people are disappointed with their experience, and that is disheartening to all of us. That being said, there are thousands of visitors who do feel that Idlewild is a magnificent park and offers great value.

At times in my responses, I do correct people when they give misinformation. For instance, if someone says "half the rides are closed", if I know the date they visited and review the operation records of the park, I may respond with "I'm sorry that three rides were closed during your visit." The park has over 40 attractions and if someone reading their statement thinks that 20 rides (close to half) were closed, then that would be misinformation. Similarly when you mention that our tickets are $50, I may point out that the most expensive ticket in 2019 was $46.99 not $50. I understand you may have rounded, but someone reading may take it literal, and that would be misinformation. The park does have a gate price, but Idlewild tries our best to inform people how not to pay that gate price. We dedicate an entire page of our website to listing all the different discount opportunities they can take advantage of, and that page is updated throughout the summer as different promotions are offered. Every media advertisement (TV, radio, digital ads, emails, etc.) includes information on ways to save on admission (Discount Tickets at Giant Eagle, Save up to $19 online, Season Pass for best value, etc.) Some examples of value savings opportunities at Idlewild include the park offering free parking, and permiting families to bring in their own food and beverages - a perk that most parks in the U.S. do not permit. Another: guests can visit every day that we are open for just a few dollars more than a daily visit by purchasing a Season Pass - priced below what many community pools charge for a season pass.....for just a pool.

Your local management team is made up of many of the same management team that would have been in place over the 40 years you have visited. Personally, I've been here 26. Have I seen change over that time, yes. A lot of it has to do with industry business conditions and the available work force in the area. We continue to make strides in hiring and staffing issues that have troubled us over recent years, and continue to hold that as one of our top priorities. Yes, there was also an ownership change in 2008 which made Idlewild part of one of the largest theme park operators in the world. We'll continue to focus on making improvements to our expansive and aging facility. We are proud to be among the top 3 longest operating amusement parks in the entire country, and we will continue to work hard to improve the guest experience to ensure that we continue to draw the many thousands of happy families that enjoy creating memories with us. We are sorry again that you were not among those based on your last visit. I don't know the date of your visit, but since you mentioned the Spider, it must have been one of 2 days in August when it was closed for maintenance awaiting the delivery of a new part, as the Spider operated every other scheduled operating day. We do close rides if there are any maintenance issues for safety reasons. The Round Up was completely refurbished over the past season, and our team worked hard to try and get it back in place and operating by the end of the season. Unfortunately, we needed just a couple more weeks to get the state recertification inspection completed. The Wild Mouse had a maintenance project being completed as well for much of the summer, and it did reopen in mid-August. Any time there are ride and attraction closures they are posted online at the website for guests to know before visiting, and also at each drive-thru auto gate so guests know before entering what they will encounter once they are inside the park.

Thank you again for your feedback, which will be shared with the management team. We hope that you hear great things from us in the coming seasons, and have a desire to visit with us once again. We'd love to earn your business back, as we enjoy sharing smiles and creating memories with everyone.