Review Highlights
So sad this is closed. Terrible loss for the community.

Ligonier, its residents, Westmoreland County, something, someone, should have stepped in to keep... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2018
LRlocal
Saltsburg, Pennsylvania
CLOSED INDEFINITELY

I was researching places to go around Ligonier, and discovered that the beach has been closed due... read more

Reviewed July 2, 2018
Michiganders4
Ann Arbor, MI

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

The restrooms/changing areas have been completely redone! Extra stairs were added to the shallow end. Pool is being filled and will be ready to go Memorial Day weekend! Come on out!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed January 23, 2017

Definately one of the biggest "c-ment ponds" you'll ever find, but there's so much more..The restoration done here is nothing short of perfect. A salute to a bygone era, no matter what the age this destination indeed has something for everyone

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Another fine season at Ligonier beach! 91 years and still going strong. Community pools are becoming fewer and fewer and this one deserves your support. You will find no better value for an entire day's entertainment. There is sooo much space around this gigantic pool you never feel crowded even on hot days. There is a snack bar as well as bar/restaurant. This establishment is CASH ONLY, but there is an ATM. Check out the Facebook page for special events. There is a large fenced in sandy area for the little ones.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 10, 2016

I love this place it is clean and has a great bar. the pool is nice and large and has a big fountain in the middle it even has a diving board.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Our family has been going here for the last two years.
The things I loved were you used to be able to bring your own food and drinks.
This put a damper on our summer fun. Not every person can eat the fried food.
They do have salads but you will have to wait a long time. I honestly thought I was going to pass out . The waitresses are so busy ,you may not be able to order your food.
We enjoy going here for a family environment. The last time we were there was two weeks ago. I noticed that a lot has changed. We didn't mind that it was busy.
We had a nice day. I noticed that a lot of people are complaining about the the condition of the pool.
They need to fix some things. The pool has paint chips that stick into your hands and feet. Ouch ! They need to do some repairs. The place has a old time feeling. and.things are dangerous for children, so be careful.We really like the part where your stepping into another era like the 70's music And the 1960's vibe . I sure would love to bring my own food and not wait so long to eat . We enjoyed this place,but they need to update it just a bit to where it is safe for the kids. Your kids will have many boo boo's. The pool chips hurt . My only worry is keep an eye on your kids so they don't get hurt. Safety comes first . No one wants to leave with an injured child .

Date of experience: July 2016