“Get the steak tacos!”

Chilangos Authentic Mexican Restaurante
Ranked #24 of 82 Restaurants in Lititz
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

If you go, be sure to get the steak tacos. They are small, but really good. I also liked their red hot sauce (it is fairly spicy). The chicken tacos are good too, but the steak definitely won. Our server was very nice as well.

I wish the salsa had been as good as the tacos, but unfortunately it was watery and bland. The restaurant itself is fairly small (and loud), so sit outside if you can.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Our experience here was very disappointing. I have lived in Lititz for 40+ years and this establishment is not worthy of the "Coolest Little Town". The service was slow, the floors and tables were sticky, the air smelled like harsh cleaning chemicals, the interior steps were falling apart, the 'meat' in our dishes was not fit to serve my cat. Our meals were not as advertised on the menu, and tasted horrible. my son had hair in his burrito. Every other restaurant in town was packed, this place, only 4 other patrons, this should have been the red flag.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

My wife and I ate there on the evening of 6/19/18. The web site says free salsa and chips with dinner and, weather permitting, outdoor dining on the deck. it was a beautiful sunny evening with pleasant temps and low humidity. Nice looking elevated deck with tables and umbrellas. Was looking forward to dining outside but was told the "deck was closed". So much for "weather permitting". We were offered a table just inside the front entrance. The main dining area was closed. I noticed the AC unit on the wall was set at 62 degrees; and it was down right COLD in there. My wife had to retrieve a sweater from the car before we even got waited on. The only other patrons in the restaurant were another couple seated at the table behind us. Even so, it took 15 minutes for someone to wait on us. We had brought 2 bottles of Sol with us but ordered diet cokes as well. Asked for a bottle opener and 2 glasses for the beer but never got them. Fortunately we had an opener with us and eventually helped ourselves to 2 glasses from the rack at the counter. We were never offered any chips and salsa so when the guy came back to take our order we asked for them. The chips were fresh/crisp but the salsa was tasteless. The menu is very extensive with a good variety of "authentic" Mexican dishes; but we decided to "play it safe" on our 1st trip there. We both ordered combo meals with Hard Shell beef Taco's, beans, and rice. The menus says the Tacos are served with lettuce, cheese, and tomato. The taco's we were served were soft shell, had no tomato, cheese, or lettuce. On the plus side, the shells did appear to be "homemade". But the beef was bland and unseasoned. Strangely enough, there were small pieces of what appeared to be diced potatoes mixed in with the beef??? The beans and rice were both cold and also tasteless. We had to douse them with generous portions of red sauce just to add some flavor. It seemed to be a one person operation and the entire time we were there that person was constantly running back/forth to the counter waiting on customers who had called in take out orders.
To sum it up: poor service, not much ambiance, bland and tasteless food served cold. It doesn't even make my Top 10 list of Mexican restaurants. Search elsewhere if you're hungry for Mexican food.

1  Thank Edwin W
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

There were 7 of us and a baby, but they had to cram two tables together by the doorway to fit us, which meant we kept getting run into. It took us 40 minutes to get our food, and we had to ask for refills on drinks and chips multiple times. They also didn't give us enough silverware and we had to ask for more twice. Food seemed pretty genuinely Mexican, but the wait and size means we won't be back.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

My wife and I recently stopped by here for an early dinner. The facility is located in the heart of Lititz. It is not fancy. The place has been repurposed several times and it shows when you look around the lower or entry level small dining room. The back dining room is more ornate. The place was clean and the food was delicious. I ordered the Camarones al Ajillo and my wife ordered the Fajitas Mezclado. Prices were a bit higher than what we expected and the additional 50 cent charge for beverage refills was unexpected but clearly noted on the menus. Service was friendly, casual, and relaxing. Alcoholic beverages are not available.

1  Thank BVDPA