Bear Creek Mountain Resort
US$110
GardenInn.com
US$116
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsoutdoor jacuzziski slopessnow tubingdisc golfqueen suitetrail's endclose to homewedding venuedaughter's weddingsteam roomlehigh valleyhot tubcommon areasgreat weekendlift operatorsstayed for two nightstrails end
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Quaint and clean resort to visit all year round. I go with my family for mini ski getaways and often visit with my girlfriends for a spa getaway. Everyone is always impressed with the facility and its amenities.

Room Tip: Using the south tower on the 3rd floor allows you the option of slope side with a walk out balcony!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My friend and I attended the annual food and wine festival this past weekend for the 2nd time. The resort is very clean and every single hotel staff member we interacted with was fantastic! I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: The suites are not that much more $ and totally worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend here for the Spring Wine Festival and had a great time. The grounds are beautiful and the room was clean and very comfortable - we enjoyed relaxing in the indoor pool and outdoor hot tub! The event was very well-organized on the hotel's part. The breakfast buffet was very good and our dinner at The Grille was delicious - thank you to Chef Michael, Chef Peter and our server Michael for making it special! Thank you to Mary Lou at the front desk, Greg in Security and all of the other staff members who are friendly and work hard to make your stay very pleasant. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have been to the resort for several work-related functions. They treat us like kings and queens. Great food for business meetings, always fresh fruit of all types and great baked goods/snacks. Had Cedar Plank Salmon for dinner there recently and it was VERY tasty! Great getaway!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BobbyGolfs
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family stayed here after doing the tree top adventure zip line at Camelback mountain. The hotel is not close to Camelback but it was worth the drive. We called last minute and were able to get an excellent kitchenette room on the ground floor, slopeside, near the indoor pool, well actually near everything. For the most part the staff was very good to excellent (Annabelle and Suzan at the front desk are top shelf. There was an issue with our reservation and Annabelle not only corrected it but hooked us up with a better room, all the employees that I encountered were polite and respectful). The room was clean, the ventilation was fine (one reviewer here was not happy with that aspect, maybe the hotel read the review and corrected the problem). The food at the on site restaurants was very good to excellent. Breakfast was very good. I had the scallop special dinner Saturday night and it was OUTSTANDING as was our waiter (Ryan)! The only drawback is that the food is a wee bit pricey but not outlandishly so because the quality is excellent (except the coffee, definitely made by a military man, yuck).The pools were clean as were the hot tubs. Every now and again there would be a piece of litter that some careless smoker or kid dropped, but overall very clean grounds. The hotel appears to be very handicap friendly, there are ramps and elevators everywhere. The power went out in the middle of dinner for about 10 seconds then came back on. At that point the hotel was on generator power until the power company was able to repair the main wire coming into the hotel. We had no problem with loss of power, the kids went swimming and our trip continued uninterrupted (I hope I'm here when the zombie apocalypse comes!). There was a wine festival and a small convention while we were there but our stay was still very relaxing. The facility is large, very spread out but very well designed. I was skeptical when we first pulled in as the building looks sorta industrial, but once I took the time to walk the property and take in the design I realized the designer got it right. The architect, decorators and builder did an excellent job with this facility. Our room was directly across from the laundry room and we did not hear any noise coming from there. The queen beds were very comfortable and well appointed with tons of pillows and heavy blankets, the pull out sofa bed was.... well a pull out sofa bed (they always suck, but I made the kids sleep on it). There are a couple of lakes that you can fish in and one you take the paddle boats or kayaks out on. The hotel allows you the use of the boats, disc golf discs, uno cards, board games for free. The closest shopping, I believe, is Cabelas which is about 45 mins away, it is a nice ride through the pennsy countryside (your here to relax right? so why go anywhere?). The kids, (girls 14 & 12), went to the spa for a ice cream sundae pedicure/manicure and they liked it alot, (whatever....., did I mention the massive backup generators? now thats fun stuff). The guy that owns this place spent some serious dough on everything and I mean everything. I gave room service an average rating only because there is no option for "I don't know" (We did not get room service and I won't give out excellent arbitrarily). Do not hesitate to book a room here. The rooms are a little pricey (times are tough) but you get what you pay for. The only thing negative I can come up with is that we had to leave after only two nights.

Room Tip: Get the room with the kitchenette and bring some food to save $$. But your on vacation right?
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family