“Great food”
Review of Alaska Pete's

Alaska Pete's
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Alaska Pete's is a local favorite restaurant. We specialize in a great dining atmosphere, service and above all excellent food quality. Serving lunch and dinner, we are a casual and highly recommended restaurant. Full bar service, lots of televisions at the bar area to see your favorite sports.
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Hubby and I enjoyed an early dinner at Alaska Pete's. Hubby ordered a seafood feast, it came with a lobster tail, shrimp, scallops and more for a very reasonable price. I ordered the Philly cheesesteak, something I had been craving lately with a beer. The service and food was delicious.I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Looking for a good place for a late lunch and we stumbled upon this great restaurant. Server was very friendly and attentive. Wings were excellent. Our other food was good too.... especially the Chicken Cheese Steak. Our only complaint is that my son's kid burger's bun was soggy. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 12, 2017

Alaska Pete's is a beautiful restaurant in Marshalls Creek in the Pocono Mountains. My husband and I stopped on a Sunday around 5:00PM in June. My husband's French Onion Soup and Cod Sandwich were satisfactory. My Brisket Sandwich was the worst I ever had! There were two thick slices of brisket with a tad bit of barbecue sauce on an extra large roll. I had to dissect all of the fat from the brisket, leaving approximately half of what I started with. The cut of brisket I was given should never have been served to a customer. The waitress did offer to bring me something else but we did not want to be there any longer! The roll was very good but way too large for the amount of meat! Our waitress asked if we would like desserts (on the house), so we took her up on that. The desserts were fine. It was quite a while since we had eaten at Alaska Pete's and it will be a long time before we go there again!

Reviewed June 8, 2017

After several years of curiosity, we decided to try Alaska Pete's. There was enough promising to cause us to give it another try at another time. We both had seafood dishes. My wife had a shrimp dish which was tasty but the shrimp were overcooked. I had the Captain's Platter, a variety of seafood options including shrimp, scallops, lobster tail, and "fish of the day". All but the fish of the day were over cooked and the scallops lacked that nice sear. Flavor was good.

The green beans were well prepared and the french fries were the skinny kind I prefer. The place is clean and pleasant, service was good, background music nostalgic and at an appropriate volume. The bloody mary was so so.

When we try again we'll try something other than seafood. There are a number of other options that sound good. We'll see.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

To say we were disappointed in the quality of the food would be an understatement. My husband sent his scallops back because they were overcooked. Sure enough, the second round came out over-cooked as well. Most of the food on the platter was sub-par at best. We all had the seafood, so maybe the other dishes are better. But my advice to you is to avoid the seafood. Our waiter was very nice, and tried to take a little off our bill. However, we still spent nearly $120 for four people and we all walked out very disappointed.