“Birthday dinner”

Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in McKeesport
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tillie's is a Family Owned independent Italian Style Restaurant that has been serving Homemade Italian and American foods for over 55 Years. Pasta is Hand Made in house and is the Signature Food for most patrons. Our Homemade Spaghetti, Fettucini, Lasaga, Ravioli, and Gnocchi are our customer favorites. In addition we have wonderful Italian Entrees styles such as Parmigiana, Romano, Marsala, Piccata, Alfredo, and Milanese. Our Pizza is a thick crust style with infinite choice of toppings. Most favorite is the Meatball Pizza. Seafood Entrees such as Crab Cakes, Lobster and Crab Gnocchi, Salmon and Cod are also favorite choices. A New and Unique entrée is Pork Palena, our own special entrée. Our Codfather Fish sandwich is a crowd pleaser. It's Huge!! Prime Rib on Frday and Saturday. Homemade Soups. What more can we say??
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Our first there was great. Seated quickly. Drinks brought fast. Waiter very efficient. Food excellent and portions large. Prices reasonable. A must visit. In business over 50 yrs says a lot. Sauce is very tasty.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

The italian food was delicious. I recommend the veal parmesian. They had very Fast service. I will be back

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Tried this place for the first time.. It was a weekday early around 2.00. Lasagna and stuffed peppers were really good. Will return to try a few other menu items that we were interested in. This place apparently has a good reputation. The service could been better but that seems to be the norm these days.. servers don't really care to do an excellent job but want an excellent tip!

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Good food, fair prices, good service.

Gives a casual evening out.

Google it, it is on a small side street near the Aldis.

Pizza and sandwich menu also.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

I really love the food here. Being Italian, I am a sauce snob and don't really like sauces from jars or cans. Every sauce that I have ever had from Tillie's has been amazing! I love their ravioli, which are huge. The cheese ravioli have a strong tangy flavor. The meat ravioli have a slight gaminess to them that I really really enjoy. The seafood ravioli are good but I don't like them as much as the meat or cheese ravioli.Their home made spaghetti and gnocchi have the greatest textures. Their veal marsala is awesomely done and a great portion. The chicken cacciatore is also really good. I love the chicken parmesan and the seafood parmesan. My father and brother love the lasagna, which is tightly compacted layers of delicious goodness. I have been coming to this restaurant since I was a child and have never left unsatisfied or hungry!
Their fried calamari and the sweet sauce they serve with it is to die for! It's always perfectly fried and never overly chewy. While their gnocchi and lobster sauce appetizer is good, it's not one of my favorites, but I still recommend it to anyone who likes creamy sauces and onions.
I have never had a bad piece of Tiramisu here. Many people that I've brought here love the cheesecake (I've never eaten it because I don't like cheesecake). The ice cream pecan balls are great. They used to have a death by chocolate type cake that was truly amazing, but not having eaten dessert here in many years (because I'm too full), I'm not sure it's still on the menu.
I highly suggest going to this restaurant! The wait staff has always been great, even on nights when the place is super busy (which is often). The pricing is more than reasonable for the amount of food you get. The atmosphere is very cozy. I really love this place!