“don't stay here”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
western pa
“don't stay here”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Upon opening the door, you are overwhelmed by the musty smoke smell. Then removing the bedspread, the blanket was burnt and stained and had a questionable substance on it. I should have requested a refund and found a different hotel. The wall paper was peeling off. The walls had stuff wiped all over them. it was absolutely disgusting. The housekeeper did 'clean' the room, but it was fundamentally filthy. Breakfast 'buffet' is a joke. This is a continental breakfast anywhere else. Spend the extra few bucks, where you will feel clean when you leave, and maybe you won't feel like you are taking critters home.(we originally stayed at another nearby hotel that was very clean and well taken care of, but they didn't have any rooms for the following night). Days Inn should give up the hotel business. My last few experiences are very memorable for all the wrong reasons. Never again. I will sleep in my car. ( We had planned on a trip up to NY on a motorcycle for our anniversary, but it rained too hard to continue. We wound up in Meadville and did not have reservations, nor were we able to check out trip advisor)

Room Tip: look at the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joanne r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 15 September 2011

just minutes off rt 79... this property is an older one , but has indoor pool, full service restaurant... I was accommodated with a microwave and mini fridge... staff was friendly and happy to help.... at $69/ nite for a king bed room, its a great value, when other hotels are way over $100 in the same area...this also included hot/cold breakfast-cereal or eggs/homefries plus pastry/ breads....save some $$$

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Bowmanville
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We got this hotel out of desperation on the long weekend as we had been travelling for hours and each exit presented with no vacancies. We finally arrived to this hotel in the middle of the night and there were rooms. This was probably our first tip off that we were going to have problems considering every other hotel for hundreds of miles was booked. We were shocked when they told us it would be 99+ taxes and no breakfast but we were so tired we took the key.
We went to enter the building and the building we were in did not even have a card lock so anyone could have entered the hotel.
We entered our room and tried the wifi and it did not work.
We crawled into bed exhausted and turned on the ac. The ac did not work and for the hours we tried to sleep we were hot as the ac sounded like a racket and did not work.
When we went to have showers in the morning the water pressure was pretty bad.
The whole building we stayed in had somewhat a strange smell and also the furniture was very outdated.
Can not believe we paid over 100 for the few hours we stayed. We got up early and left.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank corbinontario

Travellers are raving about these Meadville hotels

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Deciding to take a day fishing trip, a friend and I booked this hotel since it was close to Pymatuning Lake. That was the worst decision we made. The room was dirty. The shower was a disgusting. The drain was clogged and the water was half way up to my knee by the time I was finished showering. There was hair left in the shower for the prior patron.
At a $70 charge I didn't expect the best but it would have been nice to have a clean, comfortable shower and bed.
I would never stay here again. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank beachtravel101
Anywhere, USA
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We had a great time at this hotel. Will definitely stay again! Staff was awesome and pool / fitness center were great! Restaurant food was good and bartenders were fun!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This place is old but all said and done it was OK. Maybe a good carpet cleaning of all of the rooms would make the place sparkle a little more.The staff were freindly, the room and gym and pool were clean and the comedians were hillarious!

We originally asked for a smoking room but it smelled VERY bad so we went to a no smoking room which we were very comfortable in. The bartenders we not very freindly and tried to overlook you as often as possible unless you were a local but that attitude reflected in their tip and really had nothing to do with the hotel. The hotel staff seem to be doing their best and we stay in that area so often that the price is right!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Central Pa
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I stayed here for business reasons and I had no choice of where to stay. This would be my last choice if I had had one. The parking lot greets you with pot holes and spots of gravel. There is zero curb appeal. The lobby has a strange water feature which I found oddly placed and a weird color.

The first room that I stayed in had beds as tall as my knee and the "High Speed Internet" was non existent. I requested another room and it was changed with no problem. The beds were normal size and the internet worked fine. Both rooms had outdated rickety furniture. The safe was a plus. The room was dark and depressing. I can say that it was clean and when I returned after my workday, the housekeeping staff were not slackers.

The Continental Breakfast had the regular bagels, bread choices, cereal, hard boiled eggs, oranges and bananas, The hot foods offered were soggy scrambled eggs and dry home fries. I did not try the coffee. I brought my Starbucks Via and drank that instead.
Again the decor is outdated. The wait staff friendly, attentive and uniforms again outdated.

The pool? closed for cleaning (this was probably a good thing). The gym? broken Elliptical, Treadmill that had a broken incline. The TV would not turn on. Frustrating.

The other guests consisted mostly of gas drilling workers.I saw several travelers with dogs that were allowed in the rooms. I wold not recommend this place to anyone when there are better choices nearby. I was jealous of a colleague that was staying at the Holiday Inn Express. If you are a Cheapskate that is mentally stuck in the 70's then this place has you written all over it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank MaddMags
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
1.8 km away
1.8 km away
Quality Inn Meadville
Quality Inn Meadville
#3 of 5 in Meadville

Been to Days Inn Meadville Conference Center? Share your experiences!