“Awesome Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Mexican Food”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

We went to Rancho Grande on Cinco de Mayo, crazy I know but after driving around town and looking at the other Mexican Restaurants in the area this one had the smallest line to wait in. We got inside the restaurant, the decorations are a little cheezy but it was a fun atmosphere. The waitresses were dressed in tradional dresses and were very friendly, some spoke broken English so if that bothers or frustrates you this is not the place for you to go. We were seated at a both and given warm tortilla chips and salsa which was absolutely delicious, the salsa definetly had a kick to it. We ordred our food from the expansive menu, and it came out pretty quickly for as busy as they were. We even got a few extra refills on chips and salsa, the waitresses were definetly on top of that! The food was delicious, much better than the other mexican restaurants that I've been to in the area (El Rodeo or Sierra Madre). We didn't realize the place was BYOB but we now know for future visits. Overall I loved this place and cannot wait for our next trip back!

• Visited May 2011

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“My favorite place for Mexican in the area”
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Don't waste your time at El Rodeo(overpriced, not that great, and sanitation questionable). I tried this and have been back over and over. I have had better Mexican food in other areas but this is by far the best Mexican food in the area.

They have great quesadillas, enchiladas, chimichangas, cheese dip, and chips and salsa.

The place looks a little tacky but the food is worth eating there or getting take out. Like any Mexican place, it can be hard to get someone who speaks English well(they only have one person there that is good with that and I always hope I get her). The one girl who sometimes rings the cash register tends to overcharge though so you just have to check your bill before you pay.

They DO NOT have alcohol, they are BYOB(who does that anyway at a Mexican restaurant?) So if you are looking for a margarita go elsewhere but the food won't be as good. Check the clipper magazines as they sometimes have coupons.

• Visited April 2011