“Warmth of Greece”
Review of Yia

Yia
Ranked #35 of 125 Restaurants in Media
Reviewed October 21, 2017

For several weeks, during the Dining Under the Stars Wednesday nights, I strolled to the end of the trolley line on State Street, attracted by the sounds of Greek music and laughter from the guests sitting outside. Finally I popped in for a quick bite before an appointment. All the food looked fresh, the restaurant clean, and the patrons satisfied.
I had just enough time for a quick bite and ordered the spanakopita. The owner brought the enormous serving out to the table. The taste took me back to the street vendors in Athens who sold the spinach pies from the carts, only this was double in size. When the owner returned with a cup of homemade rice pudding and the wish that I return, I had to take the free dessert home for later. I intend to work my way through the menu.

Reviewed September 1, 2017

We went here for an eat in meal but it was not well suited for this type of dining. You had to order at the counter, take a number and wait at your table. Food was good but nothing spectacular. I would probably go here for takeout in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

Great option for affordable Greek food for eat in or to go. Their pork and lamb are very well seasoned and the portions are very large! Their greek spreads and fries are also very good.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Delicious Greek food to eat in a small, mostly to go restaurant. They do have tables to eat inside, but mainly to go menu. Traditional Greek favorites like moussaka, pastitso and gyros.

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

This family-run Greek restaurant served delicious Greek favorites and some new dishes I can't wait to try next time my husband and I go! It's family-friendly and has a wonderful family feel to it. So glad to have it in our Media community!

Been to Yia? Share your experiences!