“Still great food ”

Desert Rose
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Media
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

The food here is still great, but my issue is with take out. When you say 20 minutes and I walk in and then it takes an additional 20 minutes, so 40 minutes total for a chicken shawarma platter I have issues with that especially when there's only two tables in the restaurant occupied. This has happened to me on more than 3 times.

I'd get take out here once a week if the service was quicker. Not sure what the issue is.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

We shared the hummus falafel platter and the beet salad- generous portions, quite tasty and as a byob, it's a good place for a casual meal. Would come back for the falafel which was excellent/ my favorite

1  Thank 2MilesforaCookie
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Excellence when you least expect and when delivered without fuss and pomp is something we all aspire for in many things. Desert Rose delivered that with the Chicken Shawarma spicy and non spicy variety that made conversation stop and worrying about a car parking ticket simply vanished. One of the best we've had and extraordinary value for money.

2  Thank SudNan
Reviewed May 27, 2017

I've had Shakshuka Kefta and the Short Ribs with Hummus. Can't decide which is my favorite. The Spicy Carrot side is delicious. Great value as it is BYOB.

1  Thank jpalka6067
Reviewed May 15, 2017

2.0 star rating 5/13/2017
The service here was the WORST I have ever had. Once the waitress, Wendy, took our order, she never came back to the table once. When food was served, plates were placed at the corners of the table, away from our seats. After the food arrived, we looked for our waiter but asked another helper for a side of sauce. The message was given to Wendy who literally took 10 minutes to bring the sauce, and so my food began to get cold...IT DOESNT END THERE. Again, after we were done and our plates cleared, we waited and then asked another person if we could get our check. The message was given to Wendy, who then proceeded to get involved in other activity including going to another table and taking a large party order. Eventually, 10 minutes later she brings the check and places it on the table and DOES NOT reply when we said, "Thank you." Nothing, she just walked away!

This was a horrible experience. Truly felt unwelcome and insulted. I didn't get it. We were completely gracious. The food was good enough, but not great. The atmosphere was a hole in the wall.

Been to Desert Rose? Share your experiences!