“Good food!”

Add it.
Chang Mou Resaurant
Ranked #33 of 45 Restaurants in Milford
Reviewed April 2, 2017

First time here, and it was very good. Appears to be run by a very hard-working family who tries to please in every way they can. That's always a plus in my book! Lunch specials are very reasonable! ~ $6.25 for Shrimp with Mixed Vegetables which was delicious. Came with very large shrimp, fried or white rice, and choice of soup. Hot and Sour Soup was good, but be aware - it's definitely spicy. ~$6.75 for Shrimp Egg Foo Young lunch special- also very good. Came with choice of soup, fried or white rice, and egg roll. Won-Ton Soup was good, but it didn't have slices of pork in it as some Chinese restaurants do. Portions are huge. Definitely a bargain for the price in Milford when several of the other shops for lunch have much higher prices and smaller portions. Was very surprised that it's quite cute inside with more tables than I expected - also clean and well-kept, and it serves alcohol, too (a semi-rarity around here.) Hot tea was included with the meal - always a plus as well. Does a nice take-out business, too. We'll be back!

Reviewed February 15, 2017

I had eaten here several years ago, and it was decent, average "old school" Chinese food. By "old school", I mean back when I was a kid and my parents would take us out to have chow mein, egg roll and fried rice. Since that time I have eaten at many Chinese restaurants that prepare food that is closer to what you might actually find in China, but sometimes I like to reminisce about my childhood so last night my wife and I stopped in here, hoping to have some "old school" Chinese food. That was a mistake.

First the good news: nothing here tasted bad.
Now the bad news: nothing here had much taste at all.

The wonton soup tasted like salt water that had some yellow food coloring added to it.
My pork chow fun was covered in a strange, gloppy gray sauce that was as bland and tasteless as it looked. The noodles were overcooked and mushy.

My wife's egg foo young was a little better, but not too good overall. Her fried rice was flavorless. The one bright spot was the service. The waitress was very attentive.

The prices were low, so the total bill was small. You get what you pay for.

It was not too expensive, and not too good.

1  Thank PokeYerNose
Reviewed February 14, 2017

The food is quite good and the service is extremely fast. It is the best Chinese restaurant in the area.
Excellent prices, too.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

This place is decent. I ususally judge my Chimese Restaurants by their egg foo young and hot and sour soup, both passed my test.

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

Wasn't into cooking dinner so I ordered Chinese food. The vegetable Lo Mein had very few vegetables and was primarily noodles. The chicken was cooked well, but the sauce was watery and flavorless. I won't be back.