“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Decent Hotel”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

A good hotel for the business traveller. Good food on premises, Courteous front desk staff. Most of the time got the requested room . Ideal location for some of the good companies as well as closer to Pittsburgh temple, Shopping etc. Lot of parking space. Only problem on some area of the hotel is highway noice during night time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
mlepine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
RajPA,

Thanks so much for your kind review. We pride ourselves on offering friendly service and clean rooms. I agree with you about the noise. As convenient as the location is to major interstates, it can be loud at times. We do recommend if you are a light sleeper to request a room away from the turnpike. If you are like some people I know, they can sleep on railroad tracks and the noise would never affect them. Fortunately, we get a balance of light and deep sleeping guests :) The Temple is very beautiful and we hope you stay with us when you return for a visit.

Heather Mohan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Ok, I have been all over the world and have not experienced outstanding service like this before. The service at the Holiday Inn was excellent. Eva in particular at the front desk was great! The room was confortable and modern with our choice of pillows too! The only negative of the entire stay was the breakfast. I don't recommend the buffet breakfast. The eggs and potatoes were dry and cold. Order off the menu. However, the excellent service makes up for the bad buffet.

Room Tip: There are coupons at the rest stops on the turnpike where you can get a room for $80.00!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CA_Blond_SFO
Thank you for staying with us and rewarding us with a great review. Our "Mission" is outstanding service and Eva does indeed offer wonderful customer service. I do hope that you return in the future and continue to pass along you great experience at the Holiday Inn Monroeville.

Happy Travels,
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I arrived around 230pm for a 10 hour stay..the lady at checkin was very helpful and freindly I had a question about the rate so she directed me to the director of sales (Skip Phillips) he took care of my issue quickly and welcomed me to his hotel i was very impressed with how freindly and helpful everyboday was...this is an older property but is very well kept,clean,comfy beds..everything was great in room..bathtub was looking a little tired and worn but Skip informed me that in the near future all the tubs would be refurbished...large parking lot easy to get a semi into right off the pa -pike...I will stay her the next time I am back in this area..

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper you may want to ask for a room opposite the turnpike
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank teamster175
mlepine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. Our number one goal is Customer Satisfaction! If you are happy, we are very happy! We value your business, appreciate your review and hope to see you again when you are back in our neck of the woods.

Happy Travels,
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Hotel is old. Tried a couple quick fixes(carpet, furniture) however bathroom was old and worn. Hotel is literally on the expressway on/off ramp, so the back 2 wings of the hotel overlook the toll booths and ramps. Ask for an inside room facing away from the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for room on inside of hotel away from highway/on/off ramps and toll booths.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
mlepine, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for your response and tip to our readers. We are conveniently located off the express way which is a location convenience but can be a bit noisy for light sleepers. Your tip is great. We are in the process of gathering pricing to refinish our tubs which should commence in November. We do hope you choose to stay with us when you return to the Monroeville/Pittsburgh area. Happy Travels, Heather Mohan
Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a family function. I had three rooms. All were not clean. The hotel does provide a decent breakfast buffet which is complementary. I also tried to regulate the temperature in the room and the air conditioning would not go on. I opened the window and the noise from the highway kept me up all night. If you do use this hotel, request a room in the front of the building

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and am sad that was all you found to be good. I apologize that your room was not to your satisfaction and I wish I had the opportunity to address your comments while you were still at the hotel. We are preparing to start an extensive renovation and do hope that you give us another opportunity to prove ourselves the next time you are in the area. Happy Travels, Heather
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Driving up to this hotel location, it was evident from the exterior that it was an older hotel property, which always raises a possible red flag. However, the interior of the hotel - public areas and guest rooms - are modern and updated. The bathroom is a bit difficult to manuver, since the door, when open, reaches just to the toilet. Traveling alone, I didn't need to close the door, but that would be an issue if I hadn't been the only person occupying the room.

Having been traveling all week, I'd promised myself room service for dinner and a long, relaxing bath. The restaurant food was very delicious and priced as you would expect for a hotel restaurant. It was plentiful and well presented on the tray. My bath could have been better though. After sinking into the water, I could feel the soap scum against my back and the tub drained a little slowly.

The bed was comfortable and I could actually tell the difference between the pillows marked "firm" and those marked "soft". The vanity area in the bathroom was spacious and perfect for getting ready the next morning.

I didn't realize that the hotel was pet friendly, but the room next door to mine was occupied by a traveler with a dog, who barked every time there was movement - including mine - in the hallway. Fortunately, the wall between the rooms was sound-proofed enough that the barking didn't waken me once I was asleep.

The most memorable experience was check-in and the 3 ladies at the front desk were bubbly and friendly.

Room Tip: This hotel sits right off the turnpike, so if you are a light sleeper, make certain you get a room a...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
dfw
Reviewed 13 September 2011

From the outside the hotel does not look good, but the rooms are clean and comfortable.
Hotel staff are friendly.

Hotel includes a bar/restaurant. Breakfast was not included when I stayed.

Restaurants and shops in walking distance.
Good location but try and get a room away from the turnpike.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the turnpike.
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled on business