“Great newly renovated hotel”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times for Pens games over the past 2 years. It is now a newly renovated hotel with a great location outside the city and close to the Turnpike. Comfortable updated rooms and amenities, new fitness equipment, restaurant and bar in lobby with new seating area for relaxing. Lots of services (gas, restaurants, stores) close by.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bazul

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Standard and good courtyard hotel. Good all around. Somewhat difficult to find since it is off the road

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Had to spend the night in the Pittsburgh area because of the threat of ice on the roads. Went for priceline special and this place was GREAT! It is up on the hill behind a Sheetz on 22 West from the 376 interchange. Very nice lobby gave me a hint of the accommodations upstairs. I was given a room at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor and it was the best of three places I stayed on my 10 day trip. The room was large, well-furnished and quiet. Drapes completely darkened the room. I didn't use the Fitness room altho I usually do. Internet worked very well and had a nice TV with lots of channels.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank EVGR
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed here while driving from Chicago to DC for one evening. It was the perfect place to stay with 2 small kids. The hotel was undergoing renovation, but our stay was not impacted at all. The pool and hot tub hit the spot as we had been in the car for 10 hours and the kids had a great time burning off energy. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel was clean, pillows were comfortable, and overall, the hotel was the nicest Courtyard we had ever stayed at as Marriott members. Breakfast was great value (they did not charge us for the kids.) We would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JjsKjs
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed for two nights in November mid-week for business. This is the cleanest and quietest hotel in the area. The front desk staff was courteous - and I love that they keep a big bowl of fresh fruit at the front desk to grab onthe way out. There are plenty of dining options nearby on William Penn Highway. There was construction in the lobby, but I noticed no noise (I was out by 7:00 am each day and not back until about 7:00 pm). The bathroom was big and very clean. Everything was in working order. The room was significantly larger than average, with lots of room to feel comfortably spread out. The desk with the pull-out section was great for using a computer. Wi-Fi had great connectivity. I had a room just across from the elevators on the 4th floor, and I could hear the chime from the elevators, but it didn't wake me up. the climate control was effective and quiet.
I didn't try breakfast, which was available for a reasonable fee (around $8, I think). Next time I'm her on business, I will stay here (not the other hotels by the turnpike interchange - they are NOISY).

Room Tip: Don't stay right next to the elevators, there is a little noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Renaissance_Anna
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed here last Sunday night after the Steelers game. I thought I was getting a great room by the elevator on the second floor. Normally they toss Priceliners to the far corners so I thought, oh what a treat. Come 8:30 on the dot, the sounds of angle grinders, metal cutting, and banging awoke my wife and I. Oh yes, the front lobby is under construction and they will awake you with the loudest construction noises ever heard if you are on the second floor centrally located by the lobby. Was the room clean? Yes. Would I stay here again after construction? Sure, in a heartbeat. Was it nonsense being woken up at 8:30 after getting back around 1:30 am from the Steelers game? Definitely. My advice to the hotel, save the loud noises until 10 or so, move things around, do electrical work etc until those of us sleeping in want to get up!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I spent one night here with my wife and daughter and was very pleased with the hotel and staff. The lobby area was undergoing construction, but was well sectioned off and the noise didn't start until 8:30am. The breakfast was very good and very reasonably priced. The rooms were modern with plenty of light and outlets for recharging your technology. Most importantly, the room and the hotel were extremely clean.and well maintained.

• Stayed: November 2011