All reviewscourtyard marriottgas stationbistro areafront deskpaul mitchell productsbalaji templehotel gueststhis past weekroom was cleanworked finepa turnpikeone night stayhot tubrestaurant next doorrestaurants within walking distancehotel breakfasthotel is located
Reviewed November 30, 2008

This is a really nice Courtyard property. It was very clean and the staff was excellent. I don't understand how it could be hard to see if you know where the Sheetz is. Check-in was smooth. The next day I had wanted to go to the Strip and the front desk manager was great about writing out the best directions for us. The breakfast was really good for the price - it is pretty much all you can eat and eggs are cooked to order. The resturant staff was also good. I stay in hotels for work at least once or twice a month, and this stay rated up there with the best of them.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2008

This was a fabulous hotel and the staff was outstanding. I have stayed a dozens of hotels over the past three years and this is a cut above the rest. Not only is it spotless clean (less than 3 years old) but the decor is all class. I left my make up case and they not only had it but sent it to me at there expense. I have changed my mind about Courtyard Marriotts and will definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Stayed at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville over the weekend for a pre-season Steelers game. We had no trouble finding it thanks to a previous review that told us to look for the "Sheetz" gas station.
The hotel seems new and everything was in good shape but what really made for an enjoyable experience was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone we came in contact with from the people at the front desk to the housekeeping staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Just returned from a brief one night stay at the Courtyard. As others have said it is a relatively new hotel. The checkin-process was smooth and the welcome warm and friendly. When we got to the room, I was very impressed by tthe size of the room. It appears to be a bit bigger than your standard hotel room. One small disappointment was the bathroom. There were three of us but we only had 1 washcloth and no handtowels. This is in spite of "Extra Towels" requeted in our Marriott Rewards profile. The bed and pillows were comforatble.

The pool is small but the hot tub was a nice temperature. It felt good after wandering around Kennywood for a day.

The biggest problem was the difficulty in finding the hotel. If you are coming down William Penn Highway, there is no sign on the road for the hotel. It is up on a hill behind the Sheetz gas station. So if you're looking for it, look for Sheetz and you'll be ok. They really should have a sign that can be seen from the highway.

Virtiually every national restaurant chain is within a mile or two of the hotel on William Penn Highawy so it is convenient to eating.

Overall a nice hotel -- if you can find it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Stayed there for 3 nights. The usual newer Courtyard. Nice rooms and bathrooms. The property was very clean. The pool is very nice but the hot tub a bit too small. The hotel is located off a very busy boulevard that has plenty of restaurants and stores which can be useful. I would stay there again, no problem.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple