All reviewscourtyard marriottgas stationbistro areafront deskpaul mitchell productsbalaji templehotel gueststhis past weekroom was cleanworked finepa turnpikeone night stayhot tubrestaurant next doorrestaurants within walking distancehotel breakfasthotel is located
Reviewed June 1, 2016

This was a very nice hotel overall in my opinion. My hubby, sister, brother and I all stayed here for a wedding we attended in the area last month. We had a few setbacks however, the bathroom had hair in the tub and they offered to give us another room but it was smaller than what we had so we stayed and just cleaned it ourselves. The hot water seemed to run out the last day of our trip, and apparently it must have been more than just our room b/c my sister and brother on the other floor reported the same thing happen with their hot water. Besides that, the hotel is in a GREAT location (food shopping etc.) and it is very nicely decorated, the color and design of the hotel is outstanding. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again.......just make sure I have HOT WATER for the entire duration of my stay. LOL,.....Seriously though.

Room Tip: Make sure you have HOT WATER.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2016

This was a typical Courtyard property. Room was large and unremarkable. My wife and I agreed that the bed was one of the most uncomfortable we've experienced in our travels. Way too firm. Like other Courtyards we've stayed at, there is no complimentary breakfast, but they do have a bar/café in the lobby, so you can buy a Starbucks coffee and breakfast (lunch or dinner) should you so desire. What really soured us to this place was the attitude of most of the front desk staff, as well as one of the afternoon wait staff in the café. We observed very unprofessional exchanges between guests checking in or ordering meals. Surprised the hell out of us to see and hear what we did. I must say that the gentleman handling the café in the morning was very professional and courteous. If we had to return to the area, we would select a different hotel.

Also, you need to make sure you turn into the drive which is right before the Sheetz gas station, then drive up a hill to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
CourtyardMonroeville, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

UHwanderer,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We do have the Bistro, which offers made to order breakfast and dinner as well as drinks in the evenings.

Our staff is trained to give the best experience possible to all of our guests to ensure a friendly and safe atmosphere. I will address the staff and use your words as a training tool moving forward.

We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2016 via mobile

I will start with the good. Our room was clean and comfortable.

I am writing this on April 30 from the Bistro in the lobby after waiting 35 minutes for breakfast. My husband's came out cold and congealed. The reason for this is that management only staffed one person to both take orders and cook the food. Since it is 8am, he quickly became swamped taking orders and couldn't get into the kitchen to prepare the food. He did everything he could but was overwhelmed until a front desk clerk could come over and take orders while he cooked. To his credit, he took extra care making my equipment white frittata, which came out fresh and hot.

If you are thinking why. Does a. Bad breakfast deserve a bad review? The simple answer is that ultimately, management is responsible for the ratings and I see this as a big failure on the part of management that is suggests my experience was not an anomaly.

I stay at a lot of Courtyards with my frequent business travel. This stay in Monroeville ( my first and last at this location) was to pick up my son from University of Pittsburgh after finals. It is also graduation weekend and the Pittsburgh Marathon. Which is to say, even though it is a weekend, it is at least as busy, if not busier than any weekday.

These are the type of stays that are reserved well in advance. So management would have had plenty of time to plan for adequate staff. Not only were they obviously understaffed, there was also no manager on premises to oversee and assist, which is what I typically witness at most other Courtyards I at which I have stayed.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
CourtyardMonroeville, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2016

Dear Debbie W,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had in our Bistro. By no means is this the level of service that we intend to deliver. Please accept this as an apology on behalf of all management. We are working to correct this immediately.

Reviewed March 15, 2016

If needing to stay in the Monroeville area I'd suggest this location. Beautifully decorated interior and rooms with a nice Starbucks cafe setup in the lobby, serving breakfast and early evening cocktails with light fare. Small but clean pool and current gym equipment that is well maintained.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
CourtyardMonroeville, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2016

Dear 46341ArtLover,

Steve C, AGM

Reviewed March 8, 2016

We have stayed at this Courtyard several times in one of the suites. To be fair, we've always found the amenities and service to be of good standard. However, the weekend of March 4,5,6, 2016, was a disappointment. First off, we dealt with a broken sink stopper for three nights. On March 4th, shortly after checking in, we found that no amenities of any kind (soap, shampoo, etc.) had been restocked. On March 5th, we had an exceedingly slow breakfast. There was only one person working the restaurant and doing the cooking, so it was impossible for him to keep up with service. We decided to shop at the Giant Eagle and buy supplies for our own breakfast in the room. After being out for the day on March 5th, we came back to find there was only 1 bath towel.

I hope the manager takes this to heart and even when the hotel is not very full, those guests who are there need to be provided the expected service.

Carlanne Herzog

Room Tip: Room 200 (one of the suites) was a bit noisy at night, other suites quieter
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
CourtyardMonroeville, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Dear usakomodo,