All reviews courtyard marriott gas station bistro area front desk paul mitchell products football game balaji temple hit the spot hotel guests good nights sleep room was clean worked fine hot coffee pa turnpike restaurant next door restaurants within walking distance hotel breakfast
Reviewed September 5, 2017

Booked a room online and checked in via the hotels app. Room was ready by the time we arrived. Courteous front desk staff made us feel welcome. We liked the quiet room on the third floor.

Wish the room service would have taken time to tidy up the bathroom also. The used towels were not picked up and replaced, soaps and coffee pods etc were not replenished - no big deal, but hot coffee before a road trip would have been great!

We liked the ambience and the food at the Bistro was superb. The friendly staff were always ready to help.The gas station next to the hotel is a plus.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Leolion9
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Good food. Good prices. My favorite is a Corona and the quesadillas after a long day of doing business prepared by Kyle Harrington. I enjoy the personal service and private TV viewing in the Bistro's dining booths. I recommend the Courtyard in Monroeville (Pittsburgh). Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying I was here for 2 weeks. The hotel itself is nice and quiet at all hours. I was in room 300, a 1 bedroom suite at the rear of the hotel on the end of the building (the sheetz end of things).

The staff is very nice, with the exception of the blonde breakfast lady. If she throws you a curveball (such as we are out of sausage but have turkey sausage), she expects you to have an instant answer for a replacement item or have a backup order ready... then huffs and puffs like a child if you take any longer than 40 secs. To make a decision.

The room was fairly nice but- the couch was a little worn, the shower had some soap scum, the phone in the bedroom didn't work (other phone worked fine), and the lights on the headboard were crooked. Not overly bad, just a few annoying things only noticed on long term type of stays.

My 1 complaint is the consistency of the hotel. They ran out of several breakfast items (sausage, etc.) for days on end and didn't reorder before the weekend. The bar drink prices vary depending on who's working, and some days they would bring breakfast to my room- but on other days a different employee would tell me that they couldn't do that. Very odd for this size of a Courtyard.

Because of this, my rating went from 4 stars down to 3. To me, this type of stuff is an easy fix... And should never be a theme throughout a stay.

The location is conveniently located, seems very safe, and quiet as stated above.

Overall, none of the above would stop me from staying here. In fact, I would stay here again no questions asked.

I just don't feel it's a 4 star property as some of the other reviewers have suggested. But again, this is based on my 2 week stay.

All opinions are my own.

1  Thank Tyler B
Molly F, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Dear TheRealTylerBaker,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay. We have alerted the departments and are fixing the issues you had faced to ensure that your next stay, and the stays of other guests meet everyone's expectations of a perfect stay.

For your inconvenience, I am honoring your rewards account 5,000 points and hope that you give us another chance next time your travels bring you to Monroeville.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Very nice stay. We spent 2 nights. Night clerk Zac was terrific. My sister and I are very early risers and he made sure we had our morning tea. Very personable. Rooms were well kept.
Points to improve upon:
Beds were VERY firm
Bistro breakfast below average
Little in the way if amenities.
Probably will not choose to stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 669gusr
Reviewed August 12, 2017

This was my second time staying at this hotel and again it has exceeded my expectations. The location is convenient next to many restaurants, walking distance and a night the bistro is great. The bistro really hit the spot because the BARTENDERS KI and KYLE made awesome drinks and showed exceptional hospitality. It was nice to enjoy drinks and food then to just retire right upstairs. The next morning, we enjoyed a great breakfast and had the opportunity to see KI again and he remembered us from the night before. He exceeded the normal service and we were very impressed. Keep up the good work and see you next time. Rooms were spacious and has new furniture.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple