All reviewscourtyard marriottgas stationbistro areafront deskpaul mitchell productsbalaji templehotel gueststhis past weekroom was cleanworked finepa turnpikeone night stayhot tubrestaurant next doorrestaurants within walking distancehotel breakfasthotel is located
Reviewed October 1, 2017

Had to find a place to stay last minute due to plumbing issue, and this was the surprise location of my Priceline booking. After I checked in I ordered a sandwich from the Bisttro in the lobby. It was freshly made, reasonably priced, and very good and filling. I enjoyed that sandwich in my spacious room -it included a small seating area, and the TV was on a "track" so it could be adjusted easily to be seen from the bed as well as the loveseat. The room just impressed me as being cleaner than other hotels I've stayed at. Due to a back issue I sometimes have difficulty sleeping in a hotel bed, but the mattress and pillows were comfortable enough that I enjoyed a good nights sleep. Also did not hear any of the noises such as showers running, etc. from nearby rooms. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2017

A fairly typical example of the Courtyard chain, with updated lobby including "Bistro" with limited menu and TV watching area. Located on a main street right off the PA Turnpike. Cordial staff but one woman working the "Bistro" at breakfast time is not enough to serve all guests in a timely manner. Also, why bother having a menu when you don't have half the items on it? If you want something else to eat, there are a number of chain restaurants (Panera, 5 Guys, etc.) along the main road.

My room was spacious, in fact, there was so much empty space between the bed and the window, it made me think a couch or couple of arm chairs were probably missing. Bed was comfortable, room and bathroom were clean. Lack of closet space would be difficult for a stay of longer than one or two nights.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Molly F, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Dear CathyM,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you had at the Bistro for breakfast. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh.

Molly Foster
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard Pittsburgh Monroeville

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I was greatest by a young man at the bistro who provided a wonderful experience with a smile. And as if that wasn't enough he was very insightful on helping me out both with food, drinks. I believe he said his name was Kyle... Ps he makes a mean roast beef sandwich
Keep up the good work

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Not sure what made my room feel so much larger than other courtyards. Almost seemed like furniture was missing. Loved the space. We ate in the lobby. Food was fine. Seemed like a struggle as some drinks were not available and prep was slow. But overall good experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2017

Booked a room online and checked in via the hotels app. Room was ready by the time we arrived. Courteous front desk staff made us feel welcome. We liked the quiet room on the third floor.

Wish the room service would have taken time to tidy up the bathroom also. The used towels were not picked up and replaced, soaps and coffee pods etc were not replenished - no big deal, but hot coffee before a road trip would have been great!

We liked the ambience and the food at the Bistro was superb. The friendly staff were always ready to help.The gas station next to the hotel is a plus.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family