“Just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
new england
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I like my hotels to be clean, not a huge request. While the lobby of this Marriott is nice, the room I was in had hairs on the bed (not mine), dirt in the shower/sink area (not mine) and other minor items that showed that this room had not been cleaned thoroughly. Our first room had a problem so when we were put in this room, I knew it was our last resort since the hotel was sold out. Don't eat there for breakfast, go up the hill to Panera or one of the other places. I would likely try a different hotel when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Let me start this review by saying I am very picky about hotels, so maybe others wouldn't find any fault with this hotel, but I did. We stayed at this hotel recently for a few days and when we checked in we were told there is a restaurant there. It turns out that there is what I would consider a snack bar area - not a restaurant. You can get coffee, rolls, etc, but not a whole meal. There is no breakfast included, which frankly, for the price, there should have been. Luckily, Panera is close.

As for the rooms, they are large enough and the beds are comfortable. I was scheeved out by the toothpaste splatter that was on the coffee pot and the coffee packets which were oddly placed on the counter near the sink instead of on the shelf by the microwave. There was an ice bucket for wine, drinks, etc but it was so dusty I feared using it. As far as sleep quality, the walls are paper thin and the neighbors kept us up until after 1 AM. And, lastly, the 'do not distrub' signs were made for doorknobs not handle-type knobs and they fell off every time you opened the door which gets annoying after the third or fourth time you pick t up off the floor.

On the upside, the staff was nice and some of the ammenties were great, such as having a microwave and a refrigerator and free wi-fi, and free parking. The shopping and restaurants in the area are very close and there is a great movie theater nearby. The location is convenient for shopping, skiing or visiting Scranton or the Lackawanna coal mine tour. I might try the Marriott townplace suites next time which is right up the hill.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Great hotel. Has been updated, location is quiet. Plenty to do within minutes of hotel. Only bad thing is getting out of the driveway as it's hard to see.

• Stayed September 2011
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

My wife and I stayed there this past weekend during Hurricane Irene. It was unreal weather for sure. The hotel was clean, easy on and off from I-81, unless you follow the directions on a GPS unit, then good luck (LOL). They are pretty off. The staff was freindly and provided an excellant tip for a dinner setting. It was a very comfortable saty in very bad weather. We will return when in that area. We were driving up to bethel, New York to attend a Stevie Nicks concerts and it was perfect for us.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
North Reading, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

My GPS, for some reason, could not find the Courtyard Moosic. I called the hotel for
directions. When I called for the first time, I was actually on the same street as the
Courtyard Moosic. All the front desk had to do was to give me very simple direction, but
told me to take a left turn when I had to take a right. I called again-told them some signs that
I was seeing-again wrong directions. Finally, a very nice man at the Hampton Inn printed
out some directions for me. If I had not had Marriott gift certificates, I would have stayed there!

The kicker is, when I arrived an hour later, frazzled and upset and told the staff about
my experience, I actually saw a girl at the front desk choking back laughter. One
of the staff members actually said, "Well, the girl that gave you directions is from New Jersey."

Incredible!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mountainlover46
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

We (along with another couple) stayed at the Courtyard for a concert at Montage Mountain. We booked a king suite that included a pull-out sofa bed in a separate room. The room itself was very nice and clean. We had hoped to use the whirlpool, but that was out of order---the pool area looked nice, though. My favorite part of the stay was the cafe breakfast area. There were many healthy choices, a very friendly & helpful staff, and a nicely decorated area to relax with Starbucks coffee and the local news. The elevators seemed to be out of the way and not well marked, but everything else was convenient and well-kept. We had hoped there would be a shuttle available to and from the concert, but there wasn't...however, it was only a short drive up the mountain. It is very close to several restaurants, although it is not a safe or convenient walk to any of them---I believe a shuttle is available to the restaurants, though. Overall, we were very happy with our accommodations at the Courtyard!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vespersky
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

This courtyard is very nice and modern inside. Staff very friendly. My room was upgraded upon check in to a king suite which was very nice, spacious. Room was very clean. Bed comfy and nice pillows. Near shops and dining so convenient location. Looks recently renovated. Great outdoor patio both covered and uncovered areas with nice comfy furniture.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank travelmutt1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moosic
0.4 km away
5.1 km away
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
4.5 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton

Been to Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre? Share your experiences!